Chapter 89 (P2): Not That Mall and a Boy Named Levi

MARCH 4, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 7:00 AM

                                                                                     MARIE

I followed Christy to the car and hopped into the backseat. "So, did you eat breakfast?" Christy asked. "I was going to, but I didn't," I answered. "Do you have anything I can munch on?" "Sure," Christy answered. She got into the glove department and pulled out a banana. "I've got a banana," Christy told me. "Nice," I said out loud. Christy handed me the banana before I peeled it open and ate it. "Mmm," I let out. "This banana tastes so good." I finished the bite I had in my mouth before I spoke again. "So, what are we going to do today?" I asked. Christy shrugged. "I don't know," she answered. "Do you wanna hit up the mall?" My eyes sparkled when I heard that. "Sure," I answered. "I haven't been to any malls lately. I've been busy with work." "Me too," Christy said. "We totally deserve a girls' day." After Christy said that, she started the car and drove off. "So, have you been talking to Near?" Christy asked. I shook my head. "No," I answered. "We haven't been talking in a while. The last time I spoke to him was on the phone and the last time we hung out was when I almost got in trouble with the police." 

"You got in almost trouble with the police?!" Christy asked. "Why? What for?" "Eh," I let out. "Geffrey. I confronted him since he was faking a permanent leg injury. I knocked him out of his wheelchair and slapped him in the face after he wouldn't stop lying to everyone." Christy sighed. "Well, I'm sorry that little liar gave you a hard time," she told me. "He had everyone in his back pocket and no one wanted to stand up to him," I told Christy. "The only people who knew the truth were just scared to stand up to him even though they had recorded evidence of him doing that." "Well, that's unfortunate," Christy commented. "I'm glad that Geffrey was eventually exposed and placed in juvie." "Me too," I agreed. "I'm glad that I won't have to deal with him and Saiko from now on." After that, the ride went on in silence as we made our way to the mall. 

MINUTES LATER...

                                                                                MARIE 

We stopped at a mall that looked vaguely familiar. "Okay, here we are," Christy said as she stopped the car. I don't know what it was, but this mall gave me a weird feeling. "Wait," I said out loud. "Which mall is this again?" "Aeon Mall," Christy answered. I looked at the building with my eyes wide open. A flashback of Vincent and I drowning in the crypt came back to me. 

FEBRUARY 9, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 7:09 PM-ISH 

                                                                                  MARIE

I heard the faint voice of Light telling me something underwater. "Marie, take a deep breath!" I heard him shout. "Vincent, hold your breath!" I heard Ryuk say from underneath the water."Go!" Vincent commanded me. Without any hesitation, Vincent and I took a deep breath and dunked ourselves underwater. 

MARCH 4, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 7:30 AM 

                                                                                     MARIE 

I sat there looking at the mall as if I was looking into the eyes of Leatherface. "Marie?" I heard Christy ask. "Marie?" I gasped and flinched before looking back at Christy. "Are you okay?" she asked. "What is it?" I shook my head. "It's nothing," I answered. "I almost died here." "Almost died?" Christy asked. "When...?" She started to remember the Misa Misa Legacy Party. "Oh no," Christy let out. "The Misa Misa Legacy Party. Khloe ran up to me and I didn't see you anywhere." Christy gasped. "Oh dear Lord!" she panicked. "I should have known! Where is my brain today?" Christy sighed and lowered her head. "What was I thinking?" she asked. "I'm so sorry." "It's okay," I assured Christy. "At least Vincent and I are alive." Christy sighed in relief. "I am happy about that," she told me. I smiled. "Thanks," I told her. Christy and I stayed silent for a few seconds. "Anyway, I don't think the mall is open yet," I reminded Christy. "Maybe we should do something else for now."