Chapter 97 (P3): The Waterpark and Hailey's Decision

MARCH 28, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 1:20 PM 

                                                                                             MARIE 

After getting ready, I put on a black tank top and a black pair of jersey shorts before I walked out of my room. I locked the door behind me and placed the key into my pocket before making my way to the waterpark. When I got to the waterpark, I saw a bunch of waterslides, a wave pool, a lazy river, and a food stand. I focused my eyes on the wave pool and saw a big projector screen above it playing music videos from the late '90s. The song, "Wait and See" by Utada Hikaru was on. (Okay, maybe not '90s, but 2000, I think.)

It was pretty neat. I don't remember seeing that above the wave pool back when Paradaisu was in Tokyo so this was different. I looked around and wondered which slide I was going to try next. I didn't want to go underwater so I wouldn't go into the wave pool...yet. I was thinking about going on one of the slides first. I looked at the slide that went up on the wall and almost had a panic attack as I saw people slide onto the wall with their floaty. I was surprised to see that it went on the wall and nobody fell off. I took a breath and settled for the waterslide next to the one that went on the wall. "Hey, Marie," I heard a familiar voice say my name. I turned around and saw Mr. Mikami wearing a red bathing suit. Beside him was Ms. Hirota who was wearing a black and pink bikini set. "Hey," I greeted them. "What are you guys up to?" "We just went on the Kenya Korkscrew," Mr. Mikami answered. "It was a wild ride. What are you up to?" I pointed to the black and purple slide. "That slide," I answered. The couple turned around and looked at the slide before looking back at me. "The Rippling Rhino?" Mr. Mikami asked. I nodded. "Yes," I answered. "I'm gonna try most of these slides today." Ms. Hirota chuckled. "Don't rush it," she reminded me. "We have all week." 

"I know," I told Ms. Hirota. "I'll try some of them today." "Okay," Mr. Mikami told me. "Have fun." I watched as Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota walked away. From what it looked like, I thought that they were going to the lazy river. I turned back around to the Rippling Rhino and walked up the stairs to it. As I did, I got this eerie feeling about something. Or should I say...someone. I picked up one of the inflatable floaties and waited for my turn in line. I patiently waited for my turn when I saw a woman who looked American by the huge slide with the wall. She had long copper hair that was down and was wearing a red one-piece swimsuit that wasn't revealing at all. The girl looked to be a lifeguard since she had the whistle around her neck. I got a weird feeling about her. Something about her seemed wrong. I noticed that she had dark circles around her eye that made her look like Ryuzaki. That's when I gasped as a vision came to my mind. 

JULY 18, 2002

TOKYO, JAPAN

AFTER 1:00 PM 

                                                                    THIRD PERSON POV

The same lifeguard with the long red hair was on the ride with her boyfriend who had short light brown hair and green eyes. "Are you ready for the Raging River, baby?" she asked her boyfriend. He nodded. "Oh yeah, baby," he answered. "Let's bring it on!" "Alright, you two," the female lifeguard who had long black hair. "Be careful, you two. And be sure to..." "Don't let them down!" they heard a guy yell. "The slide is broken!" The lifeguard with the black hair gasped. "Are you sure that you're...?" she tried to ask but didn't finish because the guy leaned back and went down the waterslide. "No! Wait!" the lifeguard with black hair yelled out. The couple was in for a long sweet ride that was pretty smooth. "Woo!" the guy let out. "Ain't this sweet? This feels nice!" "It is nice," the lifeguard agreed. "I can't wait until..." the guy tried to finish but suddenly, the ride took a sharp turn. The couple screamed. "Was this supposed to be part of the ride?" her boyfriend asked. "I thought it was, but it's not supposed to swing you out this fast!" the girlfriend answered. The two hoped that nothing would go downhill, but the lifeguard saw a ledge sticking out from the slide and gasped. "Brace yourself!" she shouted.