Chapter Twenty-Five (Part Two): L/Ryuzaki Snaps

JANUARY 24, 2006

AROUND 11:40 AM 

TOKYO, JAPAN 

                                                                       L/RYUZAKI 

I slightly moaned as I tried to open my eyes back up, but then I slowly drifted off into sleep again. After a few minutes of complete darkness and silence, I felt something gross, but yet ticklish on my face. I yelped once I felt that and my eyes popped open only for me to see the dog licking me again. "Get the dog off!" I cried out. "Get the dog off! Get this furry room service dog off of me!" "Now then, L," I heard Anna Marie say. "You can be able to have some cake." After she said that, Khloe got off of me and I then got to see Anna Marie in a new Gothic outfit on. She had her short brown hair teased, wore deep grey eyeshadow, and dark red lipstick on her lips. Her outfit was black with white stripes. Her hair reminded me of Siouxsie Sioux's hairstyle and her outfit reminded me of Wednesday Addams' outfit. 

                                                                            MARIE

I crossed my arms as I glared at L. "So, tell me something, L," I began. "How did you wind up here all the way from Waco, Texas?" L scoffed. "Well, you can thank your two besties for that," he answered in an agitated way. "It was a South Korean girl and her friend that looked a lot like Vincent Valentine." I was puzzled right after L told me that. Vincent and Kyrie?! How would they be able to bring L here?! I thought to myself. "Anyway," L continued as he tried to break free from his restraints. "What is it with you tying people who come into your house unwelcomed? Is this the way how you treat your guests? Because I for sure wanna be able to leave so that I can have cake." I scoffed. "Is that all that you have on your mind right now?!" I asked as I placed my hands on my hips. "Cake?!" 

"No!" L answered. "I'm thinking why anyone would wanna be your guest!" He continued to thrash around widely. "And why do you have to tie my arms and legs up so tight?!" I sighed. "Well, it's pretty amusing to see you trying to escape since those aren't ropes that are keeping you tied up, they're chains." L stopped thrashing around and looked down at his restraints. He growled before looking up at me with a look that a toddler would give his parents if they didn't give him candy. "You are a freaking psycho, woman," he told me. I looked at L with a mischievous smile on my face since I was pretty amused by his actions. "You do need psychiatric help," L continued. 

All of a sudden, we heard the sound of someone pushing something up the stairs. L looked up and I turned around. After a few seconds, the door opened, and a guy who was covered in all-black clothing along with black sunglasses entered the room rolling something up the stairs since it was a desk with wheels on it. "Who is this?" L asked a bit frightened. The person looked up at L and glared at him. "What do you mean who is this?" he asked in an edgy tone. L gasped. "Your voice!" he let out. "It sounds very familiar." I glared and looked at the person who was disguised in all black somebody I had known very dearly for the past week. Yep! That's right! It was Light!

I watched as he removed his sunglasses, his mask, and his hood. L's eyes widened and he looked to be very shocked when he saw this. "L-L-L-," L asked with his voice trembling in fear. "Light?" I turned and saw Light form a smile on his face. "Hello, L," he greeted him. I then turned and saw L with a scared look on his face as he held his mouth open. "B-but...how?" he asked. "The warehouse...I wasn't there when it all happened...but... you died." L started heavily breathing in and out through his mouth. "Mikami," he continued. "He killed you." L looked back into Light's eyes before saying anything else. "You died, Light," he told him. "Yes," Light responded while nodding his head. "I died that very day...but I am no ghost or phantom myself." He then got serious. "I am a Shinigami," Light continued.