Chapter 95: Niko's Onsen and Lovesickness

MARCH 25, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN 

AT 9:00 PM 

                                                                           THIRD PERSON POV

It was a dark, but yet peaceful night. The moon and stars lit up the night sky giving it a perfect touch. It was also the perfect time for anyone who wanted to take a dip in an outdoor onsen at night with a clear sky. It wasn't one of Niko's onsen houses so people couldn't bathe in the springs with their clothes or a towel on. Niko's onsen houses remained open except for the same onsen house where Mei and Jirou died. She had been scared that the onsens would boil out of control again. There was no answer to how the onsen boiled out of control. Over two months after the tragic incident, Niko and everyone else asked themselves how an onsen was to boil out of control. If it were a Sento, then it would be more understandable. Then again, it wouldn't solve the deaths of Mei and Jirou. Even though many people came to Niko's onsen houses, many Japanese were fond of them, but they still preferred the other onsen houses at heart. Such as Commander Aizawa. 

"Ah," he let out sitting there in the onsen underneath a starry sky. Commander Aizawa tried to clear his mind after a long day at work. The water wasn't too hot, but hot enough for him to relax. That's when the door outside opened which caused him to open his eyes. "Hmm?" he asked. "Hey there, partner," he heard a familiar voice call out. He turned to his left and saw Chief Matsuda with a towel around his waist. "Matsuda?" he asked. "What are you doing here?" "I just needed some time out of the house," Chief Matsuda answered. Commander Aizawa brought his eyes down to the towel Chief Matsuda had around his waist. "You know that you can't wear a towel in the bath," he reminded him. "Don't worry," Chief Matsuda. "I always do this when I go into the outdoor bath.  "Noted," Chief Matsuda commented. "I always do this when I go to the outdoor baths." Commander Aizawa scoffed. "What's wrong, dude?" he asked. "Are you scared that a girl's gonna see your butt or man-toy?" Chief Matsuda sighed and glared at Commander Aizawa. "That's not funny, partner," he answered. 

Seconds later, Chief Matsuda removed the towel from his waist and stepped into the bath. "Ah," he let out. "This feels nice." Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa stayed silent for a little bit until Chief Matsuda decided to break the ice. "It sure is a nice night for a dip in the onsen," he said out loud. "You got that right," Commander Aizawa agreed. Chief Matsuda looked at Commander Aizawa. "So, is it just me, or is it still disturbing that two kids were boiled to death in an onsen?" Chief Matsuda asked. "Don't ruin this moment, Matsuda," Commander Aizawa told him. "Sorry, Aizawa," Chief Matsuda said to Commander Aizawa. "It's still weird to me. Those kids went to the onsen house around three in the morning and all for what?" "I think you know why they came that late at night, Matsuda," Commander Aizawa answered. "No way," Chief Matsuda disagreed. "Why would they...?" Chief Matsuda didn't finish his sentence because Commander Aizawa gave him that look as if his partner were to know." Chief Matsuda widened his eyes once he knew why Mei and Jirou came to the onsen house so late at night. "Oh," he let out. "That." 

Commander Aizawa nodded. "Yep," he answered. "They made love in the onsen." Chief Matsuda scoffed and covered his face for a few seconds. "That's just great," he said sarcastically. "Well, that's teenagers," Commander Aizawa reminded his partner. "They like dating. Then one thing leads to another and they have sex...most of the time." Chief Matsuda uncovered his face. "I don't need to know that, Aizawa," he said to his partner. "Anyway, how is Eriko?" "She's fine," Commander Aizawa answered. "How is Tomi?" "She's fine," Chief Matsuda answered. "She's taking care of the kids for now." "Alright, new subject," Commander Aizawa said. "So, what do you think of Marie?" Chief Matsuda made a confused look on his face. "Marie?" he asked. "As in Marie Monroe?" Commander Aizawa nodded. "Yes," he answered. "That Marie. Do you think there's something...I don't want to say off, but there is something weird about her. What do you think?" Chief Matsuda sighed. "She's a sweet kid," he answered. "She's working with Tomi at her school helping with the kids and all. I don't see her as someone who would break the law or sneak out somewhere to have sex kind of girl. Although she is a Goth, I met quite a few Goths at MCC and they seem pretty cool."