Chapter 64: Brennen's Birthday

Brennen's birthday is coming up, and I got him tickets to see his favorite bands. The Rose Bowl is having an Emo night concert with My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, The All-American Rejects, Panic at the Disco, Paramore, and Green Day.

I reserved a room for the weekend. I got the tickets before we got pregnant, so now I can't drink, but he can. He has a fake ID and has since we were in school. 

He is going to love my surprise for his birthday. This was the last of the money I had saved from working when I changed my major. So, this is the last present that will be from me, but what better way to spend it than on my wonderful husband who goes above and beyond for me and the kid every single day?

We got really great seats on the field, only four rows back. I told Jace and Hunter about it, and they also had tickets. So the four of us are riding down together. All Brennen knows is we are going to Pasadena for the weekend.

His mom and dad are going to watch Cole, while my mom and dad are watching Blake and Aubrey. Cole is the youngest and harder to take care of. My mom and dad have been really cool about the whole situation with Blake. They opened their hearts to him the first time they met him, and he loves them. 

Brennen is finishing up his work, and I am getting the kid's stuff ready to take them to our parents. He smiles at me as he finishes the last paper. Closes the folder and turns the light off.  

"Okay, baby. What do you need me to help with?"

"I have all their bags packed. Cole has his snacks, and Blake and Aubrey have their snacks and juices. The only thing I need is their stuffies and blankies. Then we are ready to go."

"You know I am going to get this surprise out of you when we return. I am going to tease your entire body until you tell me."

"Not going to happen. When we return, the guys should be here, and we will be leaving."

"Baby, please tell me or at least give me a little hint."

"The only thing I can say is that it will blow your mind. You will be very pleased."

"Well, I know you are trying to make it sound sexual, and if it was just us, it might, but I know for a fact that you aren't going to do any crazy kinky stuff with the guys with us."

"It's not sexual, and I packed your clothes for the surprise. Trust me, baby, you are going to love it and have the time of your life."

"What in the hell is in Pasadena other than the football stadium? Please, tell me we aren't going to a game."

"Nope, we aren't going to a game. Let's get the kids dropped off so we can hit the road." 

"Fine." He picked up Cole and held Aubrey's hand. I carried Blake to the car. We buckled them up, and he tried to think of what it could be. It was driving him crazy. 

When we got to our parents, we took Cole to his mom first. We hugged and kissed him, and then we went to my mom's. We hugged and kissed Aubry and Blake, and then we left. 

I texted Hunter that we were heading back, and they could head over. They were already there, waiting for us. We went in and got our luggage. 

"He is upset because I won't tell him the surprise."

"Dude, you are going to love it," Hunter said.

"Yes, it is going to be so much fun. Let your wife enjoy the excitement of it being a surprise."

"Okay, fine. It's just driving me crazy." Brennen loaded all their bags, and then they hit the road. 

"Hey, Harper, can we listen to my playlist?" He winked at her, and she smiled.