Chapter 8: Our First Official Date

I finished showering and got dressed in my jean shorts and my dress shirt. The guys were in the kitchen talking. I heard him tell them to back off. 

"So, I am taking her on a first date when we leave here. It will actually be my first date ever."

"So, you like her, like not just for a fun time?" Jace asked.

"Yeah, I really do, and I think it could be great if my past doesn't ruin it."

"Which part of the past?"

"Stephanie, Samantha, Alexis, hell, any of them. I need you guys to tell them to stay away. I mean it; they do not want to fuck with her or me."

"Okay, dude, we will call them and tell them. So, where are you going to take her?"

"I thought we would ride to Sandbar Grill, a low-key, casual restaurant. Then, when I am better prepared, I will take her to a nice, fancy dinner one night."

"Yeah, that's cool.  I think she will feel more at ease tonight. She wasn't a bore at all. She was actually really fun. I enjoyed the weekend with her," Hunter surprisingly said. 

"Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen again because I really want it to work."

"So, what happens at school now?" Jace asked.

"Well, when she tells me, I will tell you."   

"When she tells you, what does that even mean?"

"I told her it was her decision. If she wanted me to sit beside her in all classes, I would, and if she preferred for me to go to the back, I would do that. We promised her that we would stop distracting her if she spent the weekend. She kept her end, so we will keep ours."

"Are you hoping she will want you to sit beside her?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, I am, but I am letting her decide what she wants. The only thing I want is for her to feel comfortable with me and around you guys."

"So, you're not just trying to get her V card?" Jace asked.

"No, one day I hope that she will trust me enough, but no. I do not want her to ever feel pressured. When it happens, I want her to be the one to tell me. Until then, we go no further than we did this weekend."

"Which was how far?" Hunter asked.

"That stays between us. I will not break her trust if she tells you; that's her decision, but otherwise, these and all other discussions concerning her are off the table."

She smiled as she heard him talk about her and tell his best friends that their relationship was not up for discussion. When she walked into the kitchen, he smiled at her. 

"Hey, Bunny. You feel better?"

"Yeah, I do. Thanks for asking."

"You want some coffee?"

"Yes, please with..."

"A little cream and three sugars, I know. You can enjoy your coffee while I go shower, then we will head out. Hunter, do I need to take you home?"

"Nope, I will take him home. You two go enjoy your first date." Jace said as he smiled at her. 

He handed her the cup of coffee and kissed her cheek as he walked to get his clothes. He grabbed his black jeans and a shirt. 

"So, how are you feeling after this weekend?" Jace asked. 

"It was fun, honestly more fun than I have ever had."

"So, do you still hate us and think we are assholes?" Hunter asked.

"I called you obnoxious jerks and douchbags. I do not think I ever called you an um, that."

Trouble with the boy next doorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara