Chapter 28: Halfway to the finish line

I am now at the halfway point of the pregnancy. I am not very big, which concerned me, but my doctor said the baby is doing fine and growing as it should. 

Brennen loves the fact he can now see a baby bump. I am eating, just not gaining any weight. I have gained ten pounds in five months.

From my back, I don't even look pregnant, and you can't tell unless I am wearing a tight shirt. Here lately I have been wearing looser shirts. 

At home, I wear a sports bra or a crop top and shorts or leggings. Brennen loves to sit behind me on the couch and wrap his arms around me on my belly. 

He talks to the baby sometimes, and I just smile at him. Our marriage is still great; we are very happy and enjoy spending time at home cuddled up on the couch watching TV. Everyone comes over every week, and we cook dinner, play games, sing karaoke, or just talk.  

I'm so glad our friends are still our friends even tho we are married. We graduate next week from school. We went to prom and got our caps and gowns. I told her I didn't want her to miss out, so I rented a limo, bought her flowers and a corsage, and took us to dinner. 

She enjoyed the night even tho everyone knew we were married and having a baby. No one could believe that she was four months pregnant because she just bought her dress one size up. 

Someone even asked Brennen if it had been verified because they thought I was lying to him. Look how small she is; there is no way she is four months pregnant.

Of course, he had my back. Yes, I have been to the doctor with her. She is four months pregnant, and she has the smallest little bump that wouldn't be noticeable to you. Her doctor says she is very petite, which is why she isn't showing very well, but the baby is fine. He does an ultrasound every month when we go. 

They rolled their eyes and walked away. I don't know why anyone would lie about being pregnant at sixteen; we were terrified when we took the test.  

We danced and had fun, and then we returned to our home and made love. He apologized for people's rudeness. 

So, for graduation, I am wearing a very tight dress that shows the baby bump very well. He laughed when I told him that. 

When we graduate next week, we will graduate under Brennen and Harper Scott. We have seen a few kids from school when we go out to dinner or a movie, at the grocery store, and at the clothing store where I work.    

A few girls are still hitting on Brennen even after he has told them he is happily married. He has spoken to his boss, and she agreed to put him behind the counter and clean the equipment. 

He said he is tired of telling them and them not listening. He has been putting in applications for other jobs with people and women not trying to get with him. 

He has put in some applications around town, trying to find a better job. His dad called him and asked if he could come by and talk to him. He will be here after Brennen gets home from work. I made dinner and some dessert. 

Brennen was afraid he would change his mind about paying the rent, so he had been worried about what his dad wanted to talk to him about all day. He came in from work, kissed me, and went to the shower.

He slipped some pants on when he got out with no shirt, which made it really hard for me to do anything but stare at my husband's chest and stomach. Now, I feel like those women he's always complaining about from work. 

"You okay, Bunny?"

"Yeah, fine. Babe, can you please put on a shirt? I can't even focus on anything else but your chest and abs. Which makes me feel bad because now I feel like I am degrading you like those women you are always complaining about at the gym."