Chapter 23: Time for the Grandparent's Arrival

It's four days before our wedding, and today, all of our grandparents are arriving. Brennen's father's parents are the first to arrive.

So, he and I woke up early to pick them up. We got dressed, and I put on a dress as he watched me. "First impressions matter, babe." He just smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

We pulled up at the arrival gate and waited by the car. His grandma Margaret called. "We are walking out the big doors now, sweetie."

"Okay, Mimi, I am looking for you."

I saw the sweetest couple come through the doors, and Brennen's face lit up. We walked toward the couple, and his grandma had the sweetest eyes and smile. The grandfather was kind but seemed grumpy. 

"Mimi, Papa, It's so great to see you both. I would like to introduce you to my sweet soon-to-be wife, Harper. Harper, baby, this is my grandmother. I call her Mimi, Margaret, and my grandfather, who I call Papa, Howard." 

"It's so nice to meet you both." I placed my hand out to shake, and they grabbed me and hugged me. 

"We enjoy hugs. Juju, she is so beautiful, absolutely stunning."

"I agree, Mimi, she is very beautiful." He winked at his grandparents. He grabbed their bags, and they walked to the jeep. I was going to slide in the back.

"No, sweetie. You sit up front with Juju. I will sit in the back with my husband." Brennen helped us all into the vehicle, and then we drove to his house.

He helped all of us out and his grandmother smiled as she saw him open my door. We went into his parent's house and they hugged each other. We sat around and talked for a few then it was time to go pick up both of my grandparents they were flying in together. 

So, Brennen and I had to take both of our vehicles. He followed behind me, and when we arrived, he walked over and opened my door.

"I don't think I liked that very well. I missed you being beside me. After he helped me out, he hugged and kissed me. Just as my grandparents walked outside, they saw us kissing. 

"Harper Leigh," We slowly released, and I smiled.

"Sorry, nana, Papaw, Nanny, and pop. I didn't mean for you to see that."

"There's no need to apologize, sweetie; I have missed getting on with you since you've been gone." They all laughed. 

"Okay, Babe, these are my mother's parents, Elizabeth and Frank, my Nana and Papaw. These are my dad's parents, Scott and Lorraine, my Nanny and Pop. Everyone, this is my soon-to-be husband, Brennen Scott."

"How do you want to do this? We can each drive two of you, or both of you can drive my car, and I can ride back with Brennen, and you can follow us?" 

"I will drive and follow Brennen. Just don't go too fast, please; this is my first time away from Nevada," My Pop said. Brennen helped load the bags into the jeep, then helped both of my grandmothers into my car and me into his jeep. We drove back to my parents' house. 

He helped both of my grandmothers and then me out. When he came and helped me out, they smiled at him and whispered to each other. He and my grandfathers carried their luggage inside. He wrapped his arms around my waist as they talked to my parents.

We had one more trip to the airport today to pick up his last set of grandparents. His mother's parents. They could visit for a few minutes and then return to the airport. He could see Harper was exhausted.

"Baby, do you want to stay here and nap? I can see you are exhausted."  

"No, we are doing this together. I may take a nap after we get back, tho. This munchkin is draining me."