Chapter 20: First Appointment

We haven't been students for almost a week now, and it feels weird not going to school. Brennen has picked up hours during the day, so he is with me in the mornings and at night when morning sickness occurs. 

He took the day off to go to my appointment with me and my mom. We are both nervous, and he has been really anxious. 

He has been super sweet in taking care of me. I told him right now, I can take care of myself. He smiled and said I enjoy doing things for you.  

Hunter and Jace told him that everyone swears we were expelled from school because we were caught fucking in the gym. He said they just laughed at it. 

Since they knew the truth, Harper finally told Jade and Christy. Brennen's birthday party was great. They spent the night at Jace's and danced most of the night. This time, they ensured everyone was gone and the doors were locked. 

They went to bed and made love, and then she fell asleep. He held her as she slept, and then he went to get a drink. Hunter and Jace were sitting on the couch.

"So, how is everything going? How are you holding up?"

"Everything is going well. I just hate her getting sick. I'm doing well, actually. I am happy, and I am in love."   

"That's good. So, she is still getting sick? That sucks; how long will that happen?" 

"Sometimes it happens in the morning, other times in the evening, and a few times in the middle of the night. Yeah, it does, and for the first few months, like three or four, I think, is what it said. So, if you hear her getting sick, just act like it didn't happen. She is so embarrassed when she gets sick. It doesn't bother me; hell, I caused it."

The next day, she jumped out of bed and ran for the bathroom. Brennen was right behind her. Jace and Hunter fixed some breakfast while she freshened up. 

Two days later: 

She hasn't gotten sick today, so maybe it's starting to pass. I am driving us to her appointment. Our friends have already asked what we want as our wedding gifts, so after the appointment, she and I are going to register.

We walk in, and she looks around. Three younger ladies are on a couch talking. They are all pregnant. They don't look much older than us, which I think makes her feel better. After she is checked in, we sit down.  

I have my arm around her and her head is laid on my shoulder. I know she is nervous. Her mom watches us as I talk to her to keep her calm. 

After a few minutes, the nurse steps out and calls her name. Her mother and I follow her. They weigh her, and the nurse asks her some questions. Then, we are taken into a room. The nurse instructs Harper to undress below the waist, and the doctor will be in shortly.

Her mom notices she looks worried, "Honey, it's for the exam. He will examine you down there to see how far along you are. Then, he can provide a more accurate due date. Do you want me to step out while you undress?"  

"Oh, I didn't know that and no, you can just turn around." Brennen held up the sheet while she undressed, then she sat down, and he covered her up.

A few minutes later, the doctor came in and introduced himself as Doctor Adams. He asked her some questions and verified we were pregnant. Then he started the exam. He asked if we knew the date of conception, and she told him. 

He gave us a due date of November tenth and wrote her a prescription for prenatal vitamins and anti-nausea to help with morning sickness. She got dressed, and we left. He said everything looked great. 

We went to Target to register for our wedding; her mother had said some of their family from Nevada would be sending gifts since it was just a small ceremony. Her grandparents are flying in for the wedding, which is kind of scary. Mine will also be there. 

Her mother hated having to tell people that her sixteen-year-old daughter was pregnant and getting married. We put some dish sets, silverware, cookware, and towel sets on there, as well as some appliances and stuff to clean with. 

It was neat that they could shop online, and then we could pick up the items in our store rather than have them pay shipping. 

She was getting tired, so we finished the registry, and I took them both to lunch. We ate at a nice restaurant by the store. 

We left the restaurant, and she was yawning. I held her hand as we drove back to her parent's house. When we arrived, I helped her mom out, then walked over and opened her door. I helped her out, and she went straight to bed.  

"The first trimester is the worst. By the second, she will be running you crazy with her crazy cravings." We both laughed. I went in and lay down with her while she slept. I just watched her. 

Our wedding is three weeks away. Jace keeps checking in with me on everything. He has a DJ, tables, chairs, an aisle runner, and a thing for us to stand under. We ordered the cake and the flowers. She bought a cute little sundress. I'm wearing one of my suits. 

Then, our parents told us they were paying for our honeymoon: one week in Cancun, Mexico, all expenses paid. 

When we returned, we would live in our apartment. We both enrolled in an online university that offered the programs we were interested in. We were accepted, and our classes started in September. 

I have been saving every penny to support us when we move out. Both of our parents are keeping us on their insurance plans and cell phone plans. Dad is adding her to his insurance once we are married. 

We will be married in three weeks. I can't wait to marry her and start our lives together. Some people may think we are crazy, but we aren't. We love each other, and that's all we need.