Chapter 39: New Car

Well, I am eighteen now. Tomorrow, you and I are going to buy you a car in our name."

"Baby, they aren't going to sell you a car; you have to build your credit up."

"I have been building my credit since I was sixteen. My credit card and phone were both placed on credit-building accounts. I have an eight hundred credit score. Your dad is authorizing me to use your car toward the purchase of a brand new one. I have already filled out the application, and I was approved for financing. We just have to go pick out the color you want."

"Wow, really?"

"Yes, this will be your car and the car we use when we take Aubrey with us. I was approved for a car up to sixty thousand at seven hundred a month for eight years. By that time, I will graduate and be designing houses for a living, making great money. For every design that I make and someone buys, I will earn about one hundred thousand per home."

"Oh, wow, really?"

"Yes, baby. Suppose I sell eight designs a year, which is eight hundred thousand in bonuses. Designing the home is all I have to do. They buy the design and have someone build it. It's my design; I am the architect. I get full price for every design I build. Dad and I will be the only ones designing the homes."

"So, tomorrow, you and I are going to pick you out a brand-new car. I have one in mind that will be perfect and fits within our budget."

"Okay, fine. I just don't want you spending almost an entire check on a car for me. My car is fine, you know."

"I know it is, but my wife will be driving in style."

"What kind of car are you thinking?"

"Um, well, a BMW. I saw this SUV. It's the X4 M40i model. Starts at fifty-five, but the one I want to get is seventy-two."

"You just said you could only get one up to sixty, and yet the one you want is twelve thousand more."

"Your trade-in plus incentives. I may have to put two or three thousand down, and that's fine. I have been saving my money I have a little over twenty grand in the bank."

"You have saved twenty thousand dollars?"

"Yes, baby. You have access to our account. This is why I told you that you didn't have to work, baby. We are going to buy a house this summer. It will not be a huge fancy house, but something that will earn equity. Then, when I get our house built, we can sell it and make a profit, or we can keep it and rent it out. I am adding you to my credit card and phone line so we can start building your credit up as well."

"Wow, this is a lot of information to take in, Brennen. How have you been doing all of this, and yet I had no idea? I'm good with money, and I have saved three thousand dollars since we got married."

"Baby, my dad has always been very firm on building my credit and teaching me to manage money. So, when I take over the company, I will be able to manage it efficiently. I thought I mentioned the card and phone when we talked about buying you a car.  

The next day, they got up and went to the BMW dealer. The sales guy was happy to see Brennen. He knew he had already been approved. 

They walked around the lot, and Brennen showed her the one he liked, and she looked inside. Brennen was able to preorder the one he wanted and he just hoped she chose this one. He had some additions added to it. 

"Now, I specifically designed or built this car for you. It has extra additions to make it more you. I added the color, the interior, the rims, a heated steering wheel and heated seats; it has navigation, surround sound, and a spare. If you don't like this or want a different one, we can do that."