Chapter 59: Two months later

Cole is now two months old, and he is the cutest little thing. He is a very happy baby and loves to laugh at his daddy.

I catch Brennen staring at our family. It is a lot for two young kids to be dealing with but I think we manage well. 

We both are still taking our classes. She mainly takes care of the kids, and I work. We always ensure our family is taken care of. 

We go out for dinner at least once a week and sometimes a couple of times a week. The last time we went out, we went to the pizza place closer to our house. Several kids from school were there. 

I saw the looks they gave us when we walked in. Rolling their eyes and snickering at our family. I stood up, and they all shut up. 

"This is my damn family, and we may be young, but we are very happy. So, laugh and roll your eyes all you want. When you are still dealing with young kids and teenagers, when our kids are grown and off to college, we will have the luxury of laughing at you."

"While you guys still live at home with Mommy and Daddy, we live on our own in the house we are buying with our three amazing, beautiful children. While you sneak around to sleep with whoever, I sleep next to this beautiful woman in my bed and under my body every night."

"Yeah, but look at this: we are free to go wherever we want and do whatever we want without having to hire a babysitter."  

"Maybe, Brent, but how's that gonorrhea you got from Stacy Lenwood treating you? I don't have to worry about that because me and my wife are both clean of any diseases. I don't mind paying a hundred bucks for a date night with my wife. Oh, yeah we also have parents who just happen to live next door to each other that can watch our kids. The vacations we take they go with us, except our honeymoon to Cancun and our babymoon to Laguna Beach. Yep, we don't have to ask our parents to go anywhere. Nevada, Florida, and Big Bear."

"Dude, I told you that in confidence. Yeah, well, maybe you don't have to get permission, but we get to enjoy our college years without being tied down to a houseful of kids. Maybe you should get fixed so you stop breeding."    

"We are enjoying our college lives just fine from the comfort of our home. I know you ain't making some stupid comment like that. My wife and I decided on the number of children we wanted, and after our next one then, we plan on it. At least I can have children. Aren't you infertile after catching that? Maybe you will find you a nice woman who doesn't want to have children." 

"Brennen, just ignore them." Brennen turned around, and then Brent said the wrong thing. 

"Oh, better listen to your baby mama. She wears the pants in your family. She moved here and flipped your world upside down." Brennen jumped up and flew across the room. He punched Brent right in the mouth, then dragged him outside and beat the hell out of him. 

Harper called Hunter, "I need you at the pizza place by our house. Brennen is fighting Brent in the parking lot."

She grabbed her daughter, Cole's carrier, and Blake. "Blake, Mama needs you to hold on to me while I get you to the car. Don't turn loose of Mama's shirt, okay."

"Otay, Mama." I got them into our car just as Hunter and Jace pulled up. They were trying to separate them, and two other guys thought they were jumping Brent, so they jumped in. I was freaking out; here is my husband and his two best friends fighting in the middle of the parking lot. All the kids were buckled up in the car. 

I turned the car on so they would get air and locked the doors. We heard sirens, and everybody standing out there took off toward their cars. Brennen started inside and then saw me. He ran to the car, and we took off. Jace and Hunter followed us to our house.