Chapter 10: Happy Sweet 16

The next morning, her alarm went off, and she rolled over. She felt his arm and suddenly freaked out. He slowly moved and then realized where he was. 

"Oh, shit, we fell asleep. My parents are going to kill us."

"Bunny, I will get dressed and sneak out of here."

"What if they see you?"

"Your garage has a door like this door, right?"

"Yes, then I go out of it and walk up, and they won't see me."

"Okay, thanks for last night. It was really fun."

"Yes, it was. By the way, Happy sixteenth Birthday, Bunny."

"Thank you so much."

"I will see you at three, and then we will have all night to dance and have fun. Good luck with your test, and enjoy the morning with your parents. Thank them for letting me throw you a party."

"I can't wait and I will. I will tell them thank you for you. Thank you. Next time you see me, I will be a licensed driver." He kissed her, got dressed, and walked out through the garage. He walked across the street and over so they wouldn't see him.

She jumped in the shower and got ready. She went upstairs and her dad had made her breakfast pancakes. She fixed her a cup of coffee and sat down. She ate, and then they drove her to her test. She sat in the lobby until they called her name.

She took her test and passed it. She was now a licensed driver; it was after eleven. Her parents took her to the mall and then out to lunch. She got a new dress to wear tonight and new sandals.

She went home and started getting ready for her party. She decided to get dressed at Jace's house and only do her hair and makeup right now. At three o'clock, Brennen knocked on her door. She grabbed her dress, shoes, and overnight bag. 

They waved at her parents as he helped her into his Jeep. He kissed her after they pulled away. Then drove them to Jace's house. 

Jace and Hunter were in the basement blowing up balloons with an air tank. Her cake was on the counter downstairs, with chocolate-covered strawberries and pineapples in the fridge. Brennen walked over and grabbed one. 

"Try a bite, Bunny." She bit into it and licked her lips as he gave her another bite. "So sexy." He leaned in and kissed her.  

"Okay, okay, enough of that shit. We have to start decorating for Harper's big day," Hunter said. 

"Catering will be here at five to set everything up. We need to leave these in here; they will melt in the heat."

"Perfect, now, my lovely bunny. We need you to go upstairs with your clothes for the party. We will come get you when it's finished."

"I will show you where the remote and the radio are so you can choose what to do. We told your friends Jade and Christy to get here earlier than everyone else," Jace said.

She took her clothes and shoes upstairs. Brennen placed their bags in what would be their room tonight. He knew the guys would hook up with some girls at the party. He had the only girl he wanted to be with.

He didn't know why he felt this way; he had never felt this way toward a girl before. His pull and attraction to her were strong. He had told the guys how he felt, and they had planned it so that he would get what he wanted. 

Jace liked her as well from the moment he first met her. He even defended her when they were saying things on the beach. Yet, Brennen always gets what he wants, and of course, he wants Harper.