Chapter 49: We can work this out

"Thanks, guys. You two are the best friends a girl can have. Thank you for taking me out and helping me get some rest." She walked them out to their car and hugged them both just as Brennen pulled in. They waved at him and pulled off. They stood there awkwardly and then walked inside. 

They sat down on the couch, and she looked at him, and he looked at her. He looked down, trying to get his mind to work.

"So, they stayed the night last night?"

"Yeah, they did. We had fun, then they stayed, and before you get upset, nothing like what's going on in your mind happened."

"Where did they sleep?" 

"In our bed with me to help me sleep."

"What the fuck?"

"Brennen, calm down. Jace lay behind me, and Hunter, in front of all of us, was fully clothed. They borrowed a pair of your shorts. I told them that I hadn't been able to sleep since you left because I was surrounded by nothing but emptiness. They were both really great at helping me and coming by to check on me. Brennen, you should be thankful you have two great friends." 

"Yeah, but I don't like you sleeping in the bed with them. So, our lovely neighbor is still watching you. I heard he was here the same night I left."

"Yes, he came over when I was in the garage. I was hurt and mad, so I decided to go punch your bag. I put your gloves on, but I guess I wasn't doing it right. He came over and introduced himself. He showed me how to hit it properly, we talked for a bit, then he left. Oh, I did get him a glass of lemonade."

"It's Kind of weird that he waited until I was gone to come over. I just don't like the guy; I get a bad vibe from him."

"He was actually really nice. His name is Devin, and he is a record producer. He said he could get us tickets to any show, either free or at a discounted price. He's produced some huge artists, like Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers."

"That's nice, and did you tell him we were married?"

"Of course, he called you my boyfriend. He said we looked really young, and I told him we were, but we had been married for a year. I told him he should come over when you came back so you could meet him. He said he keeps an eye out on the neighborhood to make sure everyone is safe."

"That's nice, and how old is he? Thirty."

"No, he's twenty-five. He inherited the house from his father when he passed away. He really is nice, Brennen."

"Okay, sorry. We need to discuss our situation. Harper, I don't know how this happened, but let me tell you what I remember from that night."

"Okay."

"So, it was the middle of Septemeber. We went to the game just to hook up. We smoked a few joints under the bleachers, so I was really high. So high that I left without a girl. I was pulling out of the parking lot, and they were standing by a car, talking to her and two other girls. She was the prettiest out of the three, so I asked if she wanted to go for a ride." 

"She climbed in, and we drove to an old abandoned parking lot. I told her I just wanted to fuck her, and there would be nothing more. She agreed so I did in the backseat of the jeep. I threw the condom out the window and took her back to school. That was it I never spoke or even acknowledged her again. Fuck, I even forgot her name until this shit. She was one of the few one-nighters I had." 

"So, you literally just picked her up, fucked her, and dropped her back off. Do you remember if the condom was full? Like when it happened to us, you knew it happened right then."