Chapter 66: Nesting

Harper is four weeks away from her due date, and she has been relaxing. She lies on the couch and loves cuddling with our kids.

I am watching her from the office. She is sitting on the couch. Blake is on one side, Aubrey is on the other side, and Cole is in her lap. They are singing the wheels on the bus. The kids are laughing and having a great time. She is an amazing mother to our kids. 

I smile as I think about how she has changed my life. She moved into town, and the next thing I knew, I was hooked. She tamed the wild playboy, and now I am a husband and soon-to-be father of four children.

I bought Destiny the same furniture we bought for Aubrey when she was firstborn. I bought Cole a set just in blue; their furniture will grow with them. I bought Blake a toddler bed that will grow with him. I am guessing we will switch his over to a twin pretty soon.

Our kids are getting so big. Blake is four, Aubrey will be three, and Cole will be two. Where did the time go? I feel like I missed it. I blinked my eyes, and they were walking and talking.

I am going to spend more time enjoying our last baby with my wife and our kids. I hate that they are so big now, but they will all be in school before I know it.

I decide I am done for today. I want to spend time with my family. I roll up the room I am working on and turn off my computer. I get up and lock the office. She is laughing, and I smile. 

"Daddy, you finish with work?" Blake asks.

"Yes, I did, buddy. Daddy decided he wanted to spend some time with you rather than working in that office by myself."

"Yeah, Daddy. Mommy is being silly; she's making us laugh."

"I know; I saw Mommy playing with you. Can Daddy join you guys?" 

"Yippee, Mommy, Daddy wants to play with us."

"I know, sweetie. Okay, Daddy, ready to get silly?"

"I am ready." They sat on the floor and sang, and Brennen made funny faces. The kids were having a ball, and he loved playing with his family. 

He smiled as they sang The Wheels on the Bus If You're Happy and You Know, The Alphabet Song, and Bingo. The kids were having so much fun. Brennen was laughing so hard he was crying. 

"Today was perfect. This was an absolute perfect day. Hey, kiddos, let's get cleaned up and go out to eat tonight. Mommy does so much for us, so let's let her relax and let someone else do the cooking."

"Can we go to the fireplace?" Blake asked.

"Fireplace, where is that buddy?"     

"Where they do the big fire and cook at our table."

"Oh, you want to go to Benihana. Yeah, that sounds good to Daddy. Does that sound good to you, Mommy?"

"Yes, actually, that sounds really good. Okay, kiddos, let's get some clean clothes on and dress nice to go to the restaurant."

Brennen took Aubrey and Blake to their rooms. He laid out Blake's and Aubrey's clothes, and they both got dressed. He then went to their room and dressed up for the evening. Harper had gotten Cole a clean outfit, and she was putting on a cute dress.

He carried Cole to his seat and then helped Blake and Aubrey get buckled into their car seats. He helped Harper into the car when she walked down the walkway. He kissed her, and then he got in the vehicle. They drove to the restaurant. 

He held Blake's hand and carried Cole, While Harper held Aubrey's hand. They got booster seats for their two older children and a high chair for Cole. They sat down, and the kids were so excited and happy. They loved the fire, and the chefs were always really good to the kids. 

Trouble with the boy next doorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara