Chapter 53: Oh My God

Hunter and Brennen walked in Brennen was bloody. Harper gasped when she saw him. "Oh my god, Brennen. We need to call the police and get you to a hospital." 

His shirt was ripped, and he had cuts on his cheek, lip, and eye. His nose was bleeding, and he looked horrible. 

"What happened?"

"I went to their apartment and got his bag, his bunny, and his blanket. I put it in the back seat of your car. Turned around to get the car seat out of her mom's car, and the next thing I knew, three men jumped me. One had a pipe or something. They ran off when Hunter pulled up."

"Oh, baby. Did you see their faces?"

"No, they were wearing black and had something covering their faces. Looked like bandanas. I just can't believe she or her mother would do this." 

"I'm calling the police."

"No, we don't need to do that."

"Yes, we do. Making a police report will show that it happened and can help with the case."

He sat for a minute, "Okay, call the police, and we will make a report." 

She picked up her phone and placed the call, "Yes, I need to file a report. My husband was just jumped and beaten up pretty badly. He is at our house. Yes, 1495 Grace Ave, New Monterey. Thank you." She hung up. "They are sending an officer out. Should we clean you up or wait until they file the report?"

"I think we should wait. Baby, are you okay?"

"I am fine just worried about you." Blake was playing with Brennen's basketball. He smiled at him.

"Was he good for you?"

"Yes, he is very sweet. After we finished our dinner, I cleaned him up, and then we sat here and played. He sat in my lap for a bit, and he kept rubbing my stomach." 

"Well, I guess he is ours now. I thought we were going to have to fight in court. I can't really believe she just gave her kid away like that. I mean, he is mine too, but still, what kind of mother does that?"

"One who doesn't care about him. That's okay, Blake. Because we will make sure you are taken care of, protected, and loved. He is your daddy. Can you say Daddy?"

"Daddy." They all clapped and smiled.

"Good job, Blake. Brennen is your daddy. Can you say, Harper?" 

"No, baby. He won't call you Harper. If we take care of him, he will call you Mommy."

"Mama," he said as he hugged her. She hugged him, and he laid his head on her shoulder. She patted his back.

Brennen grabbed his phone and snapped a picture of them. He noticed a tear fall down her cheek. He raised forward to wipe it and grunted. 

"Baby, stay still. I want you to go to the hospital to get checked out, please, for me."

"Baby, it's some cuts and bruises. I promise I will be fine, just sore for a few days, and the cuts will heal." 

"Brennen, we have a daughter, a son on the way, and now our sweet little boy. That is three kids who need you here, so please just get checked. Just to ease my mind to ensure you don't have a concussion or a broken rib." 

"I don't want to leave you here alone."

"One of the guys can go with you, and the other can stay here with me and Blake."

"Fine, baby. Hunter, will you take me to the ER after the police finish with the report?"

"Sure, man."