556-560

Chapter 556 Nothing is absolute

Meng Huaining knew that the brothers of the Mo family cared very much about Mo Hanyue.

"Brothers, don't worry, I promise to take good care of Hanyue and won't let her suffer any injustice."

The Mohist brothers gathered around Meng Huaining and gave instructions. The local officials who came to please King Zhenxi were all dumbfounded.

It didn't matter that the Mo family's ancestral grave was covered with smoke and they were crowned king. Meng Huaining, the magistrate of Yuncheng County who was usually on an equal footing with them, turned out to be prosperous as well.

The emperor personally ordered him to come to Beijing, but he still held the position of chief assistant...

At this time, the prefect's forehead was already covered with sweat, and his mind was filled with images of the last time Meng Huaining came to him for help.

I thought it was over now. His attitude back then was like chasing someone away like a dog.

If I had known that Meng Huaining would be prosperous, I would have been willing to help him even if he had to go bankrupt to finance it, let alone ask him for help with a few thousand taels of money to buy grain seeds.

As expected, Meng Huaining held a grudge.

After he exchanged greetings with several uncles, his eyes fell directly on the magistrate.

The sharp look in his eyes made the prefect tremble all over, and then he knelt down in front of Meng Huaining with a plop.

"Sir, Chief Assistant, I was a blind official at the beginning. Please don't remember the villain's fault and let me go this time!"

The Mo brothers knew the reason why the prefect would act like this, but the county magistrates who came with him were confused.

Several people looked at each other, each of them wondering what the prefect had done to offend Master Meng to be so frightened after learning that he had become the first assistant.

Meng Huaining snorted coldly.

"You have done many wrong things. I will sort out the files and hand them over to King Zhenxi later."

Although he has been appointed as the chief assistant by the emperor's decree, he does not want to be a big clove of garlic on Brother Ninth's territory.

As soon as these words came out, the prefect was so frightened that he kowtowed to Meng Huaining and begged for mercy.

For this kind of person, Meng Huaining didn't even want to give him a look.

Now, Mo Jiuye was in a dilemma. He originally thought that Meng Huaining would be the prefect temporarily and help him manage the various matters in the fiefdom for a while. Unexpectedly, Nanyu was more anxious than him and asked him to enter the capital so quickly.

Meng Huaining originally planned to help Mo Jiuye share his worries for a period of time. He was familiar with the situation in the northwest, especially during the war, the comfort and livelihood of the people were very important.

After thinking for a moment, Meng Huaining suddenly remembered two people.

"Brother Ninth, Uncle Fang and Uncle Xie have both been officials for many years, especially Uncle Fang. He started out as an official in the same county. He definitely has the ability in this area."

How could Mo Jiuye not know this?

It's just that Fang Chuanzhou and Xie Tianhai are still prisoners exiled by the imperial court. Without the imperial court's decree, they cannot continue to serve as officials even in the fiefdom.