11-15

Chapter 11 

Fortunately, nine younger sisters-in-law is here, so we can escape this disaster

He Zhiran had already analyzed it when she heard Mrs. Chen's report.

The two servants were poisoned by drinking water, and the porridge on their table was also poisonous. It was very likely that someone had poisoned the well.

"Mother, where does the water in the kitchen come from?"

"The well right behind my yard."

Without any further thought, He Zhiran hurriedly walked towards the well.

She had just brought up a bucket of water, dipped it in with her fingers, crushed it with her fingertips, and smelled the smell carefully.

Everyone looked at He Zhiran's movements that were almost done in one breath, and they didn't dare to take a breath.

It wasn't until she put the barrel aside that Mrs. Mo asked, "Is this water poisonous?"

He Zhiran looked extremely serious: "The poison came from this well."

Hearing this, Mrs. Mo immediately turned cold.

Although the Duke's Mansion was about to encounter a disaster, her majesty as the mistress of the house was still there.

"Come here, check immediately. I want to see who poisoned you."

The maids and women in the courtyard immediately took action, and soon someone came to report.

"Old madam, Mrs. Liu hanged herself in the room."

The masters, headed by Mrs. Mo, walked towards the servants' room one after another.

Mrs. Liu's body was seen hanging from the beam, completely dead.

Mrs. Mo ordered that Mrs. Liu's body be brought down.

When He Zhiran looked at everything in front of her, her first reaction was that Mrs. Liu might have committed suicide out of fear of crime.

If this is the case, the person behind her must be an enemy of the Protectorate.

In historical records, apart from the fact that the Mohists were feared by the emperor, there was no mention of anyone else hating the Mohists.

However, the emperor had already planned to exile the entire Mo family, so he would not send anyone to poison him again.

So, who is the person behind this?

Just when she was confused, Mrs. Mo had already shown the momentum of a mistress and ordered people to search Mrs. Liu's body and her residence.

Mrs. Liu had nothing on her body except a few copper coins.

However, a small paper package was found in the corner of her bed.

The servant delivered the small paper bag found to Mrs. Mo.

Mrs. Mo took the small paper bag and opened it carefully in front of everyone.

The small paper bag was empty, but from the little bit of white powder left on the paper, it could be concluded that the small paper bag was once filled with medicinal powder.

If it were in the past, Mrs. Mo would definitely ask the imperial doctor to come over and check it out.

However, this evening is different from the past. Mo Jiuye was beaten like that last night, but he couldn't call the imperial doctor. It must be useless to call him now.

Just as she was thinking about how to deal with it, He Zhiran took a step forward.

"Mom, I have learned some medical skills, why don't you let me take a look!"