376-380

Chapter 376 Arriving at the Western Territory

"Okay, let's set off now." Brother Wu said as he took the reins of the horse.

Brother Six also got on his horse, while Mo Jiuye was responsible for guarding Mr. Simeng in the carriage to prevent accidents.

As soon as the carriage started, Xiaobai stood on the top of the carriage and made a grunting sound.

Only then did Mo Jiuye remember that while he was busy interrogating Mr. Simeng, he actually forgot about Xiaobai.

He opened the window of the carriage and let Xiaobai fly in.

Xiaobai stood obediently on his shoulder and kept showing off his power towards Mr. Simeng who was like a dead dog.

While Mo Jiuye laughed, he fed it some food, and then while Mr. Simeng was sleeping, he wrote a letter of safety and tied it to Xiaobai's leg.

The letter was written to He Zhiran, and the general content was to tell him that everything was going well, that he had successfully captured Mr. Simeng, and that he had taken him to the West.

After Xiaobai had eaten and drank enough, he flew to Xiling Village with Mo Jiuye's autographed letter.

The three brothers had a smooth journey. In order to reach the Western Territory as soon as possible, they kept on going as long as they still had some energy left.

At such a speed, they finally reached the Western Territory eleven days later.

After all, it is a city where the border gate is located. The guards at the city gate will be relatively strict, and a few officers and soldiers will check the people coming and going.

Today, Mr. Simeng is extremely weak. If he hadn't died, the brothers wouldn't even want to give him a bite of food.

However, with such a scarred person in the carriage, he would definitely not be able to pass the interrogation in front of the city gate, and might even cause a lot of trouble.

Sixth Brother asked worriedly: "Ninth Brother, what should I do?"

Mo Jiuye looked at the people queuing up to enter the city.

"Let's line up first, and I'll go to the front to take care of things."

Everyone knows that money can make the world go round, but Mo Jiuye doesn't believe that those officers and soldiers don't like money.

Taking advantage of the time when the carriages were queuing up, Mo Jiuye quickly came to the officers and soldiers, with a very anxious look on his face.

When the officers and soldiers saw a man running towards them, they thought he was going to forcefully break through the city gate, so they quickly raised their weapons to stop him.

"What are you doing? If you want to go into the city, just queue up."

Mo Jiuye didn't care about the silver, as long as he could enter the city smoothly.

So, while the officers and soldiers were asking, he took out a silver ingot and stuffed it into their hands.

Then he pointed to the carriage at the back of the queue and said, "My family is seriously ill and I am in a hurry to go to the city to see a doctor. Do you think you can be accommodating?"

The moment the officers and soldiers got the money, they were already elated.

Judging from the size of the ingots, it can be determined that there are as many as five taels, which is his five months' military pay.