431-435

Chapter 431 I believe Mr. Meng

Chen Wu was dumbfounded. He really didn't recognize the person in front of him.

But he doesn't know him, which doesn't mean the county magistrate doesn't know him either. It shows that this person is the real Boss Tang.

Who was the person who gave him the banknote three days ago?

Seeing that Chen Wu had not spoken for a long time, Meng Huaining asked: "Chen Wu, tell me, who gave you the money?"

Chen Wu's forehead was already sweating.

"Sir, the common people really didn't lie. Three days ago, a noble-dressed young man came to my door and personally handed me five hundred taels of silver notes, telling me to teach Boss Jin a lesson.

I met Boss Jin several times with the second master. I was afraid that he would recognize me if I did it myself, so I found Wang Lin and left the matter to him. "

As he spoke, Chen Wu kowtowed to Meng Huaining several times.

"Sir, the common people have already been punished twenty times. I dare not tell another lie. Please tell me a lesson."

Not to mention Meng Huaining, even Mo Jiuye who was watching could see what was going on.

If you want to find out the truth of the matter, you must start with Wang Lin.

Meng Huaining did notice. He ordered people to imprison Chen Wu first, and then looked at Wang Lin.

"Wang Lin, if you don't want to suffer the consequences, just do it for real."

"Sir, Cao Min really did not lie. It is true that I killed Boss Jin, and it was indeed Chen Wu's instruction. Otherwise, I have no enmity with Boss Jin, how could I kill him?"

To deal with such a tough-talking person, Meng Huaining really didn't want to say anything more and just ordered someone to drag him down and hit him twenty times again.

After finishing the game, I asked Wang Lin again. He still said the same thing, but his eyes were more evasive.

In any case, through Chen Wu's testimony, it cannot be established that Tang Mingrui hired a murderer, but until the real person behind the scenes is found, he cannot be completely disconnected from the case.

"Boss Tang can go back temporarily, but he cannot leave Yuncheng during this period without an order from me. He must be there whenever he is called."

Tang Mingrui was helpless when it came to this kind of thing. Fortunately, the county magistrate was not a confused official, otherwise, he would not have been able to leave the Yamen so quickly.

What bothered him was that business in the state capital was very busy recently, and without him keeping an eye on things, the people under his command might not be able to cope with it over time.

No matter what, the fact that he could go home temporarily was Meng Huaining's greatest care for him, and he had to accept this favor.

Tang Mingrui saluted Meng Huaining respectfully: "Thank you for your sympathy. Tang promises not to leave Yuncheng even half a step before the case is closed."

Meng Huaining waved his hand, indicating that he could leave.

What's left is that he has to interrogate Wang Lin carefully. With many years of experience in solving cases, if he wants to find a breakthrough in this case, he must start with Wang Lin.

However, this Wang Lin is very stubborn, and it will take a lot of effort to get something out of him.

Mo Jiuye came to see Tang Mingrui, so he naturally had to go out with him to ask about the situation. If appropriate, he would consider doing business with him.