36-40

Chapter 36 There must be a misunderstanding between us

After being said this, Zhao suddenly felt that her words just now were inappropriate.

"I didn't think carefully enough, Mrs. Mo can't blame me."

She knew that Zhao's coming over was not just a matter of apology, but she did not reveal her true purpose.

Mrs. Mo then planned to issue an eviction order.

"Mrs. Fang, I can understand the mood of the Fang family. I understand your apology. If there is nothing else, just go back to avoid being scolded by the officials."

When Mrs. Zhao saw Mrs. Mo starting to chase people away, she no longer remained reserved.

She carefully took out a gemstone ring from her tied hair.

"Mrs. Mo, would you like to exchange this ring for some fish?"

Zhao said, turning around and pointing to where her family was resting.

"My little son was so greedy that he cried when he saw you eating grilled fish. I really had no choice, so I asked you to come here. I hope you can take care of him."

Mrs. Mo looked at the gemstone ring in Zhao's hand, and then looked at the direction of her finger.

Sure enough, a little boy who looked to be eight or nine years old was wiping tears there.

"My ninth daughter-in-law caught the fish. If you want to exchange it, just tell her."

Mrs. Mo felt that she could not make the decision for her daughter-in-law in this kind of matter.

Mrs. Zhao was polite, turned around and walked towards the river.

It happened that He Zhiran had caught enough fish and was walking towards the shore.

She had just seen Mrs. Zhao talking to her mother-in-law, and probably guessed the purpose of her coming.

He Zhiran did not take the initiative to chat, but slowly put on her shoes and socks on the shore.

Ms. Zhao leaned forward and tried to maintain a decent smile.

"He... Heshi, can Auntie discuss with you how to exchange this ring for some fish?"

He Zhiran looked at the ring. The red gemstone was crystal clear, and it looked like a good thing at first glance.

It can be seen that Zhao really spent a lot of money for a few fish.

At the same time, I also guessed that the Fang family really didn't have any money, otherwise they wouldn't exchange such a good ring for a few worthless fish.

He Zhiran was not polite to Zhao and took the ring directly.

Then she pointed at the fish she had just caught and said, "The fish are all here. You can take them by yourself."

When Mrs. Zhao saw that the other party agreed, she thanked him profusely, then squatted down to get the fish.

He Zhiran was watching there. She wanted to see how many fish Zhao would choose to take away.

Zhao hesitated for a moment, then picked up the five fish.

"Are these okay?"

With the value of Zhao's ring, let alone five fish, even five hundred would not be too much.

But they were not greedy, they just took five pieces.

This gave He Zhiran a good first impression of Zhao.