486-490

Chapter 486 I will thank Brother Ninth and Sister-in-law Ninth on behalf of the people of Yuncheng.

In addition, he also had to consider the business of keeping those sweet potatoes. After weighing things up, the couple decided that as long as the output reached three thousand catties per mu, the price to the government would be set at twenty cents per catty.

Don't underestimate the price of only 20 cents per catty. One hundred thousand catties of sweet potatoes is still a big income in the eyes of farmers.

You know, the most valuable pork in this era is only 17 or 18 cents per catty.

This means selling it to the government, but ordinary people still can't afford it.

"Brother-in-law, your sister-in-law and I have already discussed the sweet potato seeds. Since they are produced in the first year and we have to take care of the family's sweet potato business, the price cannot be less than 20 cents per catty."

One hundred thousand catties of sweet potatoes is equivalent to two thousand taels of silver.

This amount of money is nothing to Mo Jiuye and his wife, and they don't expect much money from farming.

However, it looks very different in the eyes of others.

Especially those villagers who have been digging in the fields all their lives. Although they are slow to calculate, a few people got together to study and they also understood the value of these sweet potatoes.

Before Meng Huaining could react, the villagers had completely lost their composure.

"If my calculation is correct, the sweet potatoes confiscated by the government are worth two thousand taels, right?"

"The number I calculated is the same as yours, it's also two thousand taels."

"Oh my god, isn't the Mo family getting rich?"

"The crops from thirty acres of land can be sold for so much money. If this cultivated land is in our hands, let alone two thousand taels, we have to thank God for the favor of the two thousand taels of silver left!"

"We were timid at first and were afraid of doing anything. With Lao Jiu's generosity, if we bought some seeds from him, even if we only cultivated three acres of land, we would still be able to earn two hundred taels. ."

Two hundred taels, what does two hundred taels mean to ordinary people?

That is something they can only dream of in their lifetime...

Mo Jiuye ignored the villagers' comments. Anyway, he and He Zhiran had already contributed the sweet potatoes.

Whether they can plant after next spring is what Meng Huaining, the county magistrate, should worry about.

After Mo Jiuye saw that he had reported the price of sweet potatoes, Meng Huaining didn't speak for a long time, thinking that he had money difficulties.

"Brother-in-law, don't you have so much money in the Yamen?

If not, it doesn't matter. I can give it to you on credit temporarily. "

Yuncheng County Government is indeed poor. Fortunately, Meng Huaining is not that kind of corrupt official. He never uses a penny of his tax money.

Because of this, Yuncheng's tax money is still enough to buy these sweet potato seeds.

He was originally the son-in-law of the Mo family. Although he didn't participate in many things, it didn't mean that he didn't know everything.

Which of the crops produced in the Mo family's farmland would not be sold at a sky-high price in Tang Mingrui's hands?