91-95

Chapter 91 Stop, everyone

Although he had a reasonable plan, the water at the bottom of the mountain had not receded, and Peng Wang could not go down the mountain to find the county magistrate.

In such a situation, we can only wait patiently and hope that the flood will recede soon.

He Zhiran bought enough herbs last night, and the matter here has been finalized. She plans to arrange for the villagers to continue decoction.

I wonder if Liu Lizheng let it slip that the villagers already knew the fact that they were infected with the plague.

At this time, the villagers were a little excited and didn't even want to stay in the cave to wait for death. They just wanted to escape from here.

Although Liu Lizheng was still clear-headed, he believed He Zhiran's words and would not allow those people to come out without her consent.

However, those villagers have been frightened to the point of losing all their sense. How can Li Zheng alone stop them?

When He Zhiran and Mo Jiuye came to the entrance of the cave, what they saw was the scene of villagers pushing away and rushing out.

Mo Jiuye shouted: "Everyone, stop right there."

The leading villager was stunned for a moment, then raised the ax in his hand and made two gestures at Mo Jiuye.

"If you want to die, just stay here and don't stop us."

How could Mo Jiuye let these villagers leave? He took the lead and blocked the entrance of the cave.

He Zhiran also arrived, and the couple blocked the entrance of the cave.

The leading villager just wanted to scare Mo Jiuye away with his axe. Now that they were blocking the entrance of the cave, he really didn't dare to drop the ax he was holding.

In this way, the two sides were deadlocked in place for almost thirty seconds.

Peng Wang also heard the noise here, and led the officials to block the entrance of the cave, while showing his waist knife.

When the villagers saw that the other party had weapons in their hands, they immediately lost their previous arrogance.

"Master, please let us go! We don't want to die yet."

He Zhiran took a step forward and stood in front of the speaker.

"Who said you should die?"

One villager said with a grimace: "Some of us have been infected with the plague. If we don't leave here, if the government finds out, they will definitely lock us up and burn us alive."

Hearing this, He Zhiran asked patiently: "Did you all drink the medicine last night?"

The villagers nodded in confusion.

He Zhiran pointed to Li Tiezhu, who was being supported by his wife, and asked, "Tell me the truth, does your physical condition feel much better now than yesterday?"

Li Tiezhu subconsciously touched his chin.

"The swelling has definitely gone down here."

He Zhiran looked at several other villagers who had experienced symptoms.

"Same for you guys. Have your symptoms of fever and vomiting yesterday been relieved?"

Several people nodded dully: "I haven't vomited since I took the medicine."

"Except for my dizziness, all my other symptoms are gone now."

He Zhiran nodded and glanced at everyone again.