186-190

Chapter 186 Why doesn't this trick work?

Meng Huaining's sudden move made Liu a little confused.

"Sir, I'm here to avenge you, why do you treat me like this?"

Meng Huaining had a cold face and said in a deep voice: "A bold and cunning woman dares to openly bribe an official. What crime should she face?"

Ms. Liu was immediately dumbfounded.

In the past, when someone asked their Cui County Prime Minister to do something, they always behaved like this.

Moreover, as long as the gift is strong enough, there is nothing that cannot be done.

Now that the new county magistrate is here, why doesn't this trick work?

Not only did it not work, but it actually led to him being charged with public bribery?

The storeroom at home had already been completely stolen, and the jade bracelet she was using to give gifts was just taken off her wrist.

She spent a lot of money to buy this jade bracelet many years ago. If she didn't want to leave a good impression on the county magistrate, she would really be reluctant to give it away.

Right now, the bracelet is in someone else's hand, and he will be convicted for it.

Mrs. Liu suddenly felt aggrieved.

"Sir, you can't treat me like this. I am really wronged."

Hearing Liu's cry of injustice, several officials immediately relaxed their movements and all looked at Meng Huaining, waiting for his signal.

Meng Huaining didn't even look at Mr. Liu, and waved his hand towards several officials.

"Bring people in."

Although the official has been with Cui Xiancheng for a long time and has helped him do some shady activities, he can still see the current situation clearly.

Nowadays, the county magistrate is the largest official in Yuncheng, and depending on the county magistrate's wishes, there is no doubt that Cui County Cheng will be dismissed from his official position. They must correct his position as soon as possible.

Therefore, after Meng Huaining gave the order, the officials pushed Liu into the county government office.

Several maids saw this and wanted to run away, but were stopped by the onlookers.

Seeing that there were no idle officials behind Meng Huaining, He Zhiran took the initiative to grab the two maids by their collars and threw them into the county government office.

Meng Huaining was not idle either. He raised the jade bracelet that the maid had just put into his hand to show to the public.

"Everyone, take a look. This is the jade bracelet that Mrs. Liu ordered me to give to me just now. This is evidence of her crime of bribing this official."

This move received a burst of warm applause from the people.

"The sky has eyes, and it has finally sent us a great master Qingtian in Yuncheng."

"We, the people of Yuncheng, will be blessed in the future."

"If we have any grievances from now on, we will turn to Mr. Qingtian to make the decision!"

"..."

Meng Huaining was able to gain the recognition of the people on the first day he took office, and he felt happy.

He waved his hands to the people, and the officials ran out to signal them that no loud noises were allowed in front of the county government office.

Meng Huaining looked at the sky and saw that the official who had been sent out to 'invite' Cui County Cheng had left for almost an hour and had not returned yet. His wife came to express her grievances.