116-120

Chapter 116 What kind of benefits did he promise you?

Hearing this, Mo Jiuye understood a lot.

To put it bluntly, He Zhiyuan was able to have a relationship with King Rui, and the person in the middle was He Meiyu.

He had also heard people say that Princess Rui's natal family had no background and was just an ordinary businessman's family in the capital.

Not long ago, news came out in the capital that Princess Rui had contracted an illness and died.

Looking at He Zhiyuan's expression now, it doesn't look like he is telling lies.

Mo Jiuye continued to ask: "What happened next?"

"Later, King Rui used the excuse that Meiyu missed her family and secretly took her to meet me.

Over time, I gradually became acquainted with King Rui, and he took the opportunity to tell me about his plans to win over me.

It was also at that time that I learned how ambitious King Rui was. "

Mo Jiuye asked: "What kind of benefits did he promise you?"

He Zhiyuan smiled self-deprecatingly: "Of course it is Meiyu who is the queen. King Rui said that as long as he can successfully ascend to that position, the future queen must be Meiyu.

When the time comes, he will announce Meiyu's true identity in front of the civil and military officials of the dynasty, making me the head of the country who is less than one person and more than ten thousand people in the dynasty. "

Mo Jiuye sneered: "It's a pity that your daughter was short-lived."

He Zhiyuan sighed.

"It's all because I don't know people well and thought that King Rui would keep his word to me. Who would have thought that after I was demoted from my official position by the emperor's decree, his attitude towards me was not as good as before.

Until the news of Meiyu's death came out, I didn't dare to dream about becoming the head of state.

King Rui is not worried that I will tell his story. In that case, it will be equivalent to me directly admitting that I have seized the food and grass at the border. "

As he spoke, He Zhiyuan bowed deeply towards Mo Jiuye.

"Mr. Mo, now we have all been reduced to exile. I am telling you this because I hope you can ignore your past grudges and take care of my He family.

I can get to where I am today without the manipulation of King Rui. After this period of exile, I have seen through many things and will no longer have any thoughts that I shouldn't have. "

Mo Jiuye put his hands behind his back, his eyes still cold.

"You and I are not on the same journey, not to mention what you did back then almost killed so many soldiers at the border. I will never forgive you under any circumstances.

For the sake of what you told me today, as long as you behave yourself and don't provoke me in the future, I promise that I won't take the initiative to take action against you. "

Mo Jiuye once thought that after arriving in the northwest, he would find an opportunity to take He Zhiyuan's life and avenge him for detaining the food and grass of the border officers.

If the border soldiers had not died because of his seizure of food and grass, Mo Jiuye would have taken their lives long ago.

The fact that he can make such a guarantee to He Zhiyuan today is already the biggest concession.