Chapter 64

After delivering the lecture, Tae looked at them and told them to take their seats.

He then looked at Y/n and said: Ms. Y/n in my office right now – he said in his stern tone as he went out biding bye to the class.

Y/n looked at him going out then at her friends confused who shared the same look. While the class gave her a sympathetic look with her thinking she is in trouble otherwise Mr.Kim never calls anyone to their office.

But y/n don't remember doing anything wrong. Maybe it was about the assignment but she doesn't want to face him now. But she also can't refuse him, he is the professor here.

So she got up and went behind him.

y/n knocked on his office door and went inside after he allowed.

Their eyes met for a second but she looked away immediately and just stood their awkwardly.

Taehyung took a deep breath: sit, you aren't in trouble, I had to use that tone in front of class – he said looking at her.

Y/n glanced at him still unsure, he nodded at her.

She sat down on the chair in front of his table.

Taehyung: umm I wanted to talk, I hope you have few minutes.

y/n just nodded slightly urging him to continue, she doesn't have anything to say to him.

Taehyung: first of all I am sorry for rushing things out, I understand and respect your POV y/n. and secondly you and I both know we are bound to interact personally as well as professionally, so we can't keep playing this hide and seek thing. See whatever happened has already happened we can't turn it back now, but the least we can do is respectfully interact with each other rather than choosing to change the direction whenever we come against each other.

y/n nodded.

Taehyung again continued: what I am trying to say is whatever happened today, it is bound to happen again in many ways and I am your professor here, today I did it because I was equally at fault yesterday but I will be treating everyone equally in future and I hope you can do the same too without any personal backgrounds.

Y/n couldn't help but feel a pang in heart when he said he will be treating her the same as others, she always loved his extra attention, don't know when she became so habitual of it that now it hurts to realize she has to let go of it. Tears gathered in her eyes but she shut them tight to keep them from falling down.

She then took a deep breath and said: I- I understand

Taehyung nodded: and about home I will try my best to make myself not showup unnecessarily but at some occasions it's inevitable, I hope you don't mind it – even though it hurt to say this but he has acted enough on emotions and it brought him nothing, so now he has to act on logics.

y/n gulped hard before talking: it's alright, I am no one to say anything about home, that's your home too you can do whatever you want – she has always talked logic and even though sometimes it hurts to look at things practically it has never like it did today. She knew this was the right thing to do and say but the strangeness and distance between them is something that is shattering her heart.

Taehyung: okay that's all, Thankyou – he professionally dismissed her.

y/n just got up and went out without saying anything.

Taehyung put his head on table as he let out a deep sigh: damn that was so hard – he mumbled.

y/n ran to the washrooms as she was out of his door. She stood there for five minutes as tears kept rolling down her cheeks, thankfully no one was there at the time.