V.XXVI

Cassie was setting the table, as the others helped in the kitchen. She walked back in to grab more plates when the door opened up.

Conner walked in, Krypto by his side.

Everyone lets out a cheer.

"Hey guys!" Conner grins. "I brought sodas." He held up the bag.

Dick took them and gave him a hug, "Glad you could make it man."

He smiled and made his way around the room hugging everyone.

He reached Cassie and picked her up, hugging her tightly.

She laughed, "Hey Conner, I'm glad you brought Krypto. We got him his own piece."

"Ah, he'll love that," Conner laughed.

"Help me set the table?"

Rachel looked at the table, "That's a lot of food."

"The table is plenty big for it all," Donna laughed.

Everyone else was at sitting at the table.

Gar walked in, "Hey hey! Hope we've got room for 2ish more!"

Terra and the Wilson's were behind him.

Cassie gasped, "Rose, Jericho! It's so good to have you two! Of course we have room for you." She turned to their blonde haired friend and gave her a smile, "Hello."

Gar introduced them, "Ah, Cassie, this is Terra. She's been helping them with H.I.V.E."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Terra," Cassie smiled. "We are happy to have you join us."

Terra held up a bag, "We brought cookies."

Cassie smiled and took them, "Thank you. I'll add them to the dessert spot. Everyone's through there, tables set."

Gar grinned and lead the way.

Cassie paused in the doorway and watched as everyone piled food onto their plates.

She got a flash of a nightmare. One she gets frequently.

Her family sitting at the table, together, laughing and eating. Before everything goes wrong.
There was an open spot for her in between Conner and Dick. Kory, Donna, and Rachel across from them. Gar had taken the seat next to Rachel, and Terra next to him. The Wilson's took the spot next to Dick on the other side. Krypto hopped into the chair at the head of the table.

Her heart rate picked up and she checked her watch.

She scanned the area for bombs, or anything overhead them. Then scanned the building for any active bombs.

It took less than a few seconds for everything to come back all clear. There were no threats.

She let out a breath and looked at her family, letting herself smile.

She walked around the table and took her spot, grabbing Dick's hand immediately.

He leaned over and whispered, "I have scans running, the second anything even enters within a mile Conner will take care of it."

She felt her heart swell and looked at him, "Thank you."

He smiled and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Dick packs the last bit of the storage unit into a van, and the flash drive labeled "Just in Case" was eating at him.