V.IV

"God I can't believe we're back here," Kory looked around the city. "I never wanted to return after last time."

Donna chuckled and led the way into the house they were staying at, "Gotham does that to you. It can tear you down time and time again, but you always come back. For one reason or another."

"Star City is the same way," Roy nudges Kory. "Every city has its faults."

Kory scoffed, "Gotham is the only city as fucked up as it is. There is no arguing with that."

Donna and Roy both nodded in agreement.

Roy set down his bags, "Well make yourselves at home. Donna up two flights, first door on your left. Kory first on your right. Or swap if you feel like it. I'm one flight up last on the left. Base is already set up downstairs and Vee said they got groceries so if we need to grab anything add it to the fridge list."

"When are we going to see Barbara? I have a friend I want to see," Kory looked at him.

He shrugged, "We can go after you get settled."

Donna walked upstairs, "I'm sure we'll see the kid tonight on patrol."

Kory, Donna, and Roy all stand around a table in a small meeting room with Barbara across from them.

"Well," Barbara sighed and cut off the screen. "That's all the intel we have on the League, and it seems you all knew most of it already. Nothing concerning, yet. But enough to keep an eye out."

Donna put her hands on her hips, "They've got to be after a Lazarus pit. It's the only reason why they'd stick around. I didn't think any would still be left after what happened last time."

Kory sighed, "Clearly there is, why else would they be here?"

"Has he been in contact with Talia?" Roy asked.

Kory leaned forward, "Right you said they were kind of together for a moment can't he just ask her?"

Barbara answered, "Bruce said he was having a meeting with her in the next few weeks, and I haven't heard from him since. But he's... selective with the information he shares."

"Okay uh what about..." Roy smirked, "Cassie. Talia likes her."

Donna glared at Roy, "Cassie needs to stay the hell away from Gotham."

"No I'm with Donna on this one," Kory says. "She doesn't need to come back, ever."

Roy waves them off, "She's tough. She could take over this town if she had an ounce of a bad bone in her body. If she's survived this place for as long as she has returning will do nothing."

Kory shook her head, "It's... you didn't see her. It was bad last time."

"Dick won't let her," Barbara cut in. "Unless it's an emergency they won't come back. But..."

Donna nods, "If they do come back it's an emergency and we'll need all hands on deck."

Barbara grimaced and nodded.

"Rachel's not too far, she's in Bludhaven, and Gar said if we ever need him he'll hear us," Kory adds. "Would kind of be nice to see both of them at the same time again."

Roy deflated, "Okay fine no calling Cassie. Where do we need to patrol tonight?"

Barbara clicked a button and pulled up the map of Gotham.