V.VIII

Dick thanked the pilot. He turned and walked over to Cassie, "She's ready to take off whenever we are."

Cassie grinned, "Bags are all set, just double-checked everything. Plenty of snacks and stuff for the whole trip."

"I told her we are in no real rush so the timeline's looking like 5ish hours." Dick held his hand out for her.

She took it and got onto the plane.

"Do we have to go to Gotham?" Dick asked.

Cassie chuckled and sat on the couch, "Come on Gray, the boys are going to need our help. Tim's never dealt with the League before. It's very easy to get overwhelmed by them."

"Yeah but can't he call someone else to help? Like literally anyone else," Dick sighed.

"Who would he even call?" Her phone started ringing. "Ope." Cassie pulled her phone out of her pocket, "Oh Gray it's Conner."

"Mm," Dick nodded and sat next to her on the couch.

Cassie grinned and answered the video call, "Conner! How are you?"

He waved at her through the phone, grinning, "Cassie! Is Dick with you?"

She moved the phone so Conner could see the both of them. 

"Conner, how are you doing bud?" Dick asked putting his arm around Cassie.

He smiled, "Amazing! I've gotten the more complex flight maneuvers down! Took me a while but I've finally gotten it. Oh, and Kara says my speed is increasing too, I've gotten past 300 mph!"

Dick and Cassie both chuckled.

"That's amazing Conner," Dick said.

Cassie nodded, "But how are you? Have you made any new friends since we last talked? How's therapy going?"

"Yeah actually! I met this cool girl named Roxy, her dad's not the best but she's pretty cool. She was in my painting class that Dr. Rosana recommended me for. She says I've made a lot of progress, thinks spending time with Clark has been good for me."

"That's wonderful Conner," Cassie shared a look with Dick.

He nodded, "Conner we're proud of you. We mean it. You've come a long way."

"I was only able to because you both believed in me, and didn't give up on me when I was... well when I was an asshole." Conner shook his head, "I don't know who I'd be without you both."

Cassie smiled, "You were the one who did the work. We are just glad you let us in. We are on our way to Gotham so dinner in a few weeks may be there instead, you think you'll be able to make it?"

"Ah I should," Conner nodded. "There's this speedster that says they accidentally time traveled, again, I'm trying to help him get back to his time so I'm hoping I can make it."

Dick said, "I know Tim wants to see you since he'll be stuck in Gotham for a bit and not able to go to Metropolis until Bruce gets back to town."

"Yeah, he told me about that. I hope everything's alright over there, call if you need me?" Conner asked.

Cassie nodded, "Of course Conner. You do the same."

"Conner!" Someone shouted from behind him.

Conner turned and nodded at someone off-screen. He turned back to look at them, "I gotta go guys. Just wanted to do a quick check-in to let you know I was okay! I'll see you both soon. Love you!"

"We love you, Conner!" Cassie smiled.

Conner waved again and ended the call.

Dick grabbed Cassie's phone and tossed it away from her, "No more phone calls."