I.XVII

The door shuts and they walk out to where Rachel and Gar are.

Cassie goes to sit next to Rachel. Dick sits down on the couch across from them and sighs, "He says your birth mother is still alive."

Rachel quietly asks, "What?" Cassie grabs her hand.

"He claims they've been holding her prisoner. He may be lying."

"He says your mother's name is Angela Azarath. They're holding her at some asylum. Apparently, he and his people are dead set on keeping you two apart," Kory walks around to the couch and sits.

Gar asks, "Why?"

"Some more blabber about Rachel's father and his divine mission. I don't know. Sounds like your mother isn't a fan."

Rachel quietly says, fidgeting, "My mom's alive. I could meet my mom. We have to go. Now."

"Even if he is telling the truth, this could be a trap. At best, we would be marching into an enemy stronghold. You've seen what these people can do. No one's going anywhere until we take some time for recon," Dick reasons.

Rachel stands, "What if they move her? They know we have him."

"I'm not risking all of our lives on his word. I'm sorry."

Rachel looks to Kory, "Tell him he's wrong."

"I wish I could. You know how I hate to agree with him, but-" Kory leans back.

"All you ever talk about is finding out who you are. You think we should go. Right, Gar?" Gar avoids her gaze. "Gar?"

"I'm sorry, Rachel," Gar looks down.

"Cassie?"

Cassie stands up and looks at Rachel, "I do think we should get her, I just need to do some more prep before we can go."

"What's there to prep? By the time you're done, she'll be gone."

"Rachel we can't go in blind, we won't make it out if we do."

Rachel nods angrily and walks away. Gar gets up and follows her, "Rachel."

Dick looks at the screen, leaning on Cassie's chair, "Public records show that the facility where Rachel's mom is being held is closed and abandoned."

Cassie types some more pulling up the building's current electricity use. 

"Doesn't look like either one to me," Kory looks too.

"Nope. Fourteen monitored exits. All hooked up to CCTV and IR sensors. Thermal scans showing upwards of ten security staff patrolling on the inside. No heat signatures on the outer buildings, but another dozen are patrolling the grounds."

Kory starts to pace, "Okay. So, option one, we walk up and knock on the door. Option two, I blow down the door. Or option three..."

Cassie pulls up a map below the building, showing the tunnel system.

"Tunnels. Connecting the main asylum to the decommissioned outbuildings. We use them to get past the ground patrols. Once inside, we'd still be pretty heavily outnumbered. But I've faced worse."

Dick goes upstairs and sees Rachel and Gar gone.

"Damn it," he rushes downstairs.

Cassie looks up from her laptop. "What is it, Gray?"