V.II

"Rachel, help me," a familiar voice whispered.

The purple-haired teenager shot up, drenched in sweat. She looked around dazed. Rachel took a few deep breaths and noticed her dormmate was still out for the night, unsurprisingly.

She grabbed her phone and looked at the time, 3 AM. On a lunar eclipse.

"Ugh," Rachel pulled her legs closer and responded to a few notifications from people. She grinned at the article of Cassie and Dick, then screenshotted it and sent it to her group chat with Tim, Conner, and Gar, with a message saying: Mom and Dad made the front page, again.

Rachel laughed catching up on Tim and Conner's message back and forth from when she was sleeping.

She tossed her phone down and sighed looking at her notes scattered across her bed. "Snack and then I'll finish." Rachel pushed her school stuff away and hopped down from her lofted space. She started making herself a cup of tea and grabbed a bag of chips.

"Rachel!"

She gasped and dropped her snack frantically looking around. "Jinx?"

"Help me!"

Rachel closed her eyes and took a deep breath, she let her powers surround her.

Her head tilted and she looked out her window, a flash of pink mist was in the courtyard.

"Weirder things have happened," Rachel muttered and quickly grabbed her shoes throwing them on, alongside a hoodie. She snatched up her dorm key and phone, quickly making her way outside.

Rachel looked around and saw no one, she ran towards the pink mist but as soon as she reached it the mist darted away. She groaned, "Jinx!"

She followed after the mist. Rachel ran for a few minutes as she was led to a secluded area, a ring of trees and a perfect patch of moonlight in the center. Red from the eclipse.

The pink mist swirled in the light.

"Ok ok." Rachel shrugged. "What do I do?"

The pink mist swirled more.

"Gee thanks so helpful," Rachel rolled her eyes. She took another deep breath and held her hands out, releasing her powers. She encompassed the pink mist and held onto it.

She could feel the solidness in her grasp, she pulled Jinx in.

Rachel groaned as something fought against her, she pulled hard and fell backward, the force knocking her over.

Someone landed next to her.

Rachel sat up and grinned, "Jinx!" She threw her arms around the woman.

Jinx chuckled and patted her back, "Ok ok. Thanks for bringing me back love. Hope I didn't wake you, you were the first witch I could feel, well friendly one I should say. Rebirth window is a bit small sometimes."

"Rebirth window?" Rachel helped her stand. "You've died before?"

"Oh ya, no big deal," Jinx streched her arms. "What did I miss?"

Rachel chuckled, "A lot."

"I always miss the fun," Jinx said. "How long has it been?"

"Almost a year. Come on. You can stay in my dorm with me, the couch is pretty comfortable actually. And my roommate is like never home, she's always at her girlfriend's place instead," Rachel lead the way back. "I can fill you in on everything. Give Cassie a call too."

"Ah thanks love, you got a change of clothes I could borrow?" She asked as she fell in step with the younger girl, still wearing her suit from that night.