V.XVII

Cassie's phone rings. She sighs and stops typing reaching over to grab her phone and answer it.

"Hey Cassie," she could hear Dawn's smile over the phone.

She grinned, "Dawn how are you? It's good to hear your voice."

"Likewise." Dawn chuckled, "Things are good. Really good. Paris is exactly what I needed."

"Good, that's good. I'm glad you are healing." Cassie ran a hand through her hair.

Dawn said, "You sound tired. Is everything okay over there?"

"Ah yeah yeah, just- well you know how Gotham can get."

"Gotham? I thought you were still in San Franciso?" Dawn asked.

"We were, and then they called and asked if we could help out with a situation here. So here we are." Cassie sat back in her chair, "But it could be worse so just trying to get a jump on things you know?"

Dawn chuckled, "Only you would think Gotham at it's lowest could go lower." She paused for a moment, "Actually Paris may be exactly what you need too. Why don't you come for a vacation when Gotham cools down, you can stay with me I've got plenty of space. You could bring Dick too, since I doubt he'd survive long without you."

Cassie laughed, "He complains when I go into the office. I'm not sure how long it will take to help out here, but thank you for the offer."

"Well my door is always open, and you kind of own a plane. I would not judge you if you run away from that place and just fly on over," Dawn laughed.

Cassie grinned, "Ah I may just take you up on that offer depending on how things go. How's teaching though? I know you said you've loved working with the kids."

Tim pulled the slingshot back and fired. His pellet hit the target, only a few inches off from the center.

"You're getting pretty good at aiming. Try working on speed," Roy sets down several pellets. "See how many you can do in a minute."

Tim nods and grabs a pellet.

Donna pulls the string back and fires, her arrow flies through the air and hits the center of the target.

Kory flips a knife and throws it, it lands a little bit off-center but still would have been a deadly hit.

"Nice," Cassie nods. "I feel better about you having another weapon. One that won't drain you."

Kory smiled at her, "Takes a good teacher. You sure you have knives to spare?"

Cassie chuckled, "Of course I do. I have over a thousand just down here alone, not including the ones in my suit. There's plenty of knives."

Donna chuckled and shook her head.

Dick grunts as he shoots his darts, his aim getting better and better.

Jason crosses his arms, "Darts are an interesting choice."

"They are electrified and some can hold poisons." Dick reloaded his weapon. "They'll come in handy." He shot another one.

Jason goes back to cleaning his guns.

"How's Cassie?" Jason quietly asked. "Her nightmares I mean."

Dick sighed, "Not getting any better. But at least she's talking to me about them. Progress is better than her suffering alone."

Jason nodded. "Why- why are hers so bad? I mean why are they still so bad?"

Dick shot another dart, "Because she is so used to taking care of everyone else and their needs or emotions that she tends to forget about her own. I'm doing what I can to remind her to feel things. Hypocritical I know, but I realized I'd been a shitty friend to her and she deserves more than that, so I'm being the best boyfriend I can possibly be."

Jason scrunched his nose, "You being her boyfriend sounds... weird."

Dick gently shoved him. 

Jason chuckled, "I don't mean in a bad way, just doesn't seem right I guess. You two have been dating for awhile, why haven't you proposed?"

Dick stumbled and looked at Jason, "Propose?" He looked at the rack of knives off to the side, "I- I haven't really talked about it with her yet. If it's even something she wants."

Jason raised a brow, "Is it something you want?"

"Yes."