IV.XIII

Dick walked into the lab, "All right. We need to be clear on exactly how this is gonna work. Let's run it one more time. Rachel?"

She starts, "I'll reach out, search for my powers, and then, from there I should be able to zone-in on Sebastian."

"Ok, once that starts... Kory?"

"I join hands with Rachel and begin feeding her my blue light."

"And once the connection is secure... Jinx?"

"I join hands with Rachel and Kory, and once Sebastian is thoroughly disorganized, the three of us draw him back here."

Dr. Espenson finished, "And as long as all his physical matter ends up somewhere in this room, I'll reassemble him."

"All right. Once we start we've got one shot at this. It has to work. Okay. Um where's Cass?"

Dr. Espenson shook her head, "She went to grab you, not sure where she is now."

Dick sighed, and turned to Jinx, "Hey. Just wanted to say thank you."

"For what?" She chuckles, "I haven't done anything yet."

"Either way, I'd say you've earned your five million dollars. Don't make me regret it."

"You really think this was about the money?"

"Wasn't it?"

"Yeah. Yeah, of course. But I have to admit, hanging out with you these past few days, it's been a lot more fun than I expected."

Dick turned around and looked at the lab, "You call this fun?"

"Sick, isn't it?" She chuckles, "What have I become? I'm starting to understand why Cassandra has stuck around with you all these years."

"Mmm that's more like I can't live without her and have dragged her into my messes." He nudged Jinx, "Let's go get Sebastian."

Cassie pulls a motorcycle she borrowed into the dam's parking lot. Then she checked for heat signatures.

"Shit." She saw that the place was crawling with people. She started searching for any gaps in the structure, any way she could sneak inside without being seen.

"Fire Creek Dam," Tim read. "Forty miles north of here. Funded by the Luthor Foundation."

Rachel sighed, "Yep. That's where they are. Maybe 200 feet underneath."

"Then that's where we're going," Dick said.

Kory asked, "I thought we wanted to avoid a head-on confrontation? That's why Cassie didn't tell everyone the location?"

"Thanks to Conner, now we have no choice." Dick checked his phone hoping for an answer from Cassie on where she was, but nothing.

"Can't we teleport them both out?" Tim asked.

"No! When you try and do two, their cells intermingle. It's not pretty."

"And we do them one at a time, they'll notice what's happening and make sure it doesn't. All right. Find Gar and Cass. We leave in five minutes."

Cassie was high above the main chamber, watching the group below. She was keeping an eye on Conner and Sebastian while trying to figure out a pattern to their shifts, or even if they had shifts, but so far nothing useable. Her watch cut on and she looked at it, she had gotten an alert that the RV was being used.

She took a deep breath and cut on her com to listen in.

"This is a map of the temple based on what Rachel saw. Gar, you're first. Break in and find Rachel's powers. We need her back up to full speed as soon as possible. Be destructive. Something big."