II.VI

When Cassie wakes up, Dick is sitting up, but still playing with her hair.

"Mmm, mornin'," she sits up and rubs the sleep from her eyes.

He pulls her closer when she gets comfortable, "How'd you sleep?"

"Mmmhmm. Thank you, Gray."

"Cass... you need sleep, just like the rest of us. Do you want to tell me what the nightmares are even about? You haven't had them since we were kids."

"It's nothing, just stress probably."

"Cass, you know you can tell me anything."

"I know, this just isn't something that I think should be talked about. Not anything important, besides we have Dr. Light and potentially Deathstroke as well."

Dick sighed.

"I'm going to make coffee, I'm assuming you want some?"

"Yes please."

Cassie stands up and stretches, she leaves his room and heads to the kitchen. She makes coffee for the two of them and was sure to make plenty so the rest could have some as soon as they got up, which she figured was soon. She grabbed their mugs and went back to Dick's room.

"One coffee for Dirk," she grinned and handed him his mug.

"Why thank you, Massie."

The two laughed, and she left to get ready for the day. She set her mug down on her dresser and started sorting through her closet, deciding she probably wasn't going into the office today.

"Um," Donna walked into her room not bothering to knock, and shut the door behind her, "Did I just see you walk out of Dick's room?"

Cassie glanced at the woman, "Ya I was bringing him some coffee." She turned back to her closet finally having decided on what to wear.

"No no. I mean before that because I saw that too."

"Donna there is nothing going on between us, I have just been having some nightmares lately and Gray knows they go away or lessen when I'm not alone, so he offered for me to stay with him. Not a big deal."

"Not a big deal. Cassie, I love you but come on. How can you not see how much he likes you?"

Cassie rolled her eyes, "We just flirt, I seriously doubt he likes me like that."

"You are so smart, but you are so stupid."

"Hey."

Donna shakes her head, "I literally don't know how to make you see it." She leaves the room still shaking her head.

Sure Cassie enjoys her and Dick's little moments, but she doesn't think she's what Gray wants so she never really puts too much hope into it. She shakes Donna's comment off and gets ready.

Cassie walks out of her room and sees Dick heading off to talk with Rose. She smiles gently and checks on the kids in the training room

"You guys trying the blindfolds again?" She crossed her arms and walked towards them.

"Ya Dick said to keep trying until we get it," Rachel nodded folding hers.

"Well, not to inflate your egos but you guys are certainly improving, I'm very proud." They all smiled at her, "And Gray is too, he just doesn't know how to show it, most times."

"I think you mean ever," Jason scoffed.

"Yes well, we all know Gray is lacking in that department, can't blame him though." Cassie laughed and ruffled Gar's hair making him laugh, "Ok, blindfolds on, get to training."

The teenagers got ready while Cassie left the room heading to the tech room. Dick had mentioned he wanted Gar to work on finding Doctor Light, so she had the idea that getting everything prepped beforehand would make things easier.

She was typing as Dick walked in.

"Why am I not surprised to find you here," he chuckled and sat in the other chair. Cassie grinned at him. "So Jason's kinda mad, something happened during training that made him storm off."

She sighed, "I'll check on him in a minute, I know he'll need a bit to cool down. While I check on him will you show Gar how this works, please? I have everything set up so all he needs to do is keep an eye on the levels and see if anything spikes." Cassie finished typing and looked over to him. She noticed the grin he had on his face, "What?"

"Nothing," he shook his head, "I'm gonna get Gar."

Cassie nodded and the two left, each to go find a teenage boy.