V.XXI

"The others all clear?" Kory asked as Roy and Jason met them at the last warehouse.

Roy nodded, "Most were duds. This is the most promising. Had two hits though, Babs is having those cleared as we speak."

Donna said, "Three hits on our side. Small but still something."

"Good to go?" Tim went up to the door.

The others nodded and he flung the door open. The small group rushed in, prepared to fight the waiting Talons and Court members, just like the other warehouses.

But there was nothing. Just dirt and crates in the open space.

"Uh," Jason turned to Donna. "I thought you said this had high levels of dionesium?"

Her brows furrowed, "The highest, I don't understand-"

A click echoed.

The ground gave out beneath them.

A loud clattering echoed throughout, followed by shouts of pain.

Cassie's attention snapped over to it, as did Dick's.

Their eyes widened seeing their friends who were now trapped in a cage.

"Like I said, no one's rescuing you. Shame there's no Batman, seems he's out of town again." The Voice looked briefly at the group of superheroes. They clicked a button on their phone. A red light made the cage glow. "Power dampeners."

Cassie tugged on her cuffs, "What is this about? Please, please these are good people. They are heroes, the city needs them. What do you want?" She let another tear fall.

The Voice leaned closer to her, their hands on the table. "Think of this as a redemption and a test. You say you're innocent? Prove it. Give me all of their civilian identities."

Cassie's jaw dropped, "How- how am I meant to do that? I don't know them! I don't know anything about them."

"This is why you were invited into the Court. You are good at finding information are you not? Or has everyone overestimated your abilities?" The Voice titled their head.

Cassie flicked her eyes from The Voice, to Dick, to the heroes. "What- what will you do with the information?"

"Whatever I need," The Voice pulled out a gun and pointed it at Dick's head. "Can you or can you not?"

Dick squirmed in his seat, doing his best to show he was scared.

Cassie rushed out, "Okay okay! I can find everything out! Just- just don't hurt him!"

The Voice didn't move.

"I'm going to need a laptop and adapter so I can connect my phone to it. It has my programs that I need to run," Cassie let another tear fall.

"Get what she needs," The Voice still didn't move the gun.

Someone quickly comes back with what she asked for.

They set it down in front of her, and uncuffed her so she could work.

"Try to run and I kill him."

Cassie grabbed her phone out of her purse, "I'd never leave him. Ever."

"How cute. You get one hour." The Voice took a seat across from her, gun still pointed at Dick.

Cassie connected her phone to the laptop, "Which one do you want me to find out? Robin? Red Hood?"

"All of them."

Cassie blanched, "In an hour?!"

The gun clicked, "Better get to work."

Cassie took a second to count the amount of Talons and court members surrounding her friends, and held in the smirk as she started typing.