D&W 46: I Won't Get Sick Of You

Hi jellybeans 🙈 I know I've been MIA from this story, but I had an intense case of writer's block and wasn't sure how to bring the story to a concise close. I think I've figured it out so there will be three more chapters and a bonus chapter I couldn't find a place for. Look forward to that in the coming weeks.

+++

"Damn, he has you wrapped around his finger, doesn't he?" Hyunjin smirked. I shrugged, not wanting to admit the fact, no matter how true it might be. Hyun had asked me to hang out and to Taehyung's disgruntlement, I went. He was at volleyball practice though, so he couldn't do much but complain. 

Hyunjin had been eyeing me skeptically throughout our meal and I knew it was because I hadn't been responding to his banter like usual. I made it a point not to engage, thinking about how annoyed I'd be if I was in Tae's position. That lead to Hyunjin's remark about Tae's gorgeous finger. 

"And what about it?" I asked him. Hyunjin was all to proud to tell me what about it. "You're acting different. What? I flirt too much and now he thinks I'm trying to steal you from him?"

"Aren't you?" I questioned him. He scoffed as if my assumption was so farfetch'd. "You didn't think so before he got in your head." 

"You didn't answer my question. Do you like me?" I demanded.

"Yes, I like you. Have you seen yourself? For a genius you can be really oblivious." He scoffed.

"Well I'm not used to the attention." I mumbled, honestly.

"Shocker. . . Look, Gukie. I think you're gorgeous and while I would absolutely love it if you were dating me and not Tae, I'm not a homewrecker. I may flirt a bit, but I promise I'm not trying to go further than that. I just like to piss Tae off and you make it easy because I'm actually attracted to you. I won't make any moves though."

"Tae seems to think otherwise."

"Tae is a possessive bitch and he thinks he doesn't deserve you so he's scared you'll run away." That was almost spot on, actually. Tae told me himself. "Don't call him a bitch." I sneered. "And how do you know what he's scared of?" I questioned him. Hyunjin shrugged. "Tae's a lot more of an open book than he seems and he and I are closer than he'll admit. Also, I'm a psychology major."

"Do you psychoanalyze everyone you don't like?" I scoffed. 

"It's not that I don't like him. I think he's great, I'm just a troublemaker. We have a lot in common and sometimes, that causes us to clash, like our taste in men for example." Hyunjin smirked. My eyebrows quirked, gesturing that I was well aware of their taste in men. "You got that right. Look, to be honest, I don't like making him feel like he's fighting for me, so I just wanted to be sure." I explained.

"He should trust you."

"He does, but I don't want to make him uncomfortable either way. It's a respect thing. If you could stop flirting with me, that'd be great. I want to stay friends and I don't want Tae to be uncomfortable with it. The only way to make sure of that is if you stop trying to piss him off all the time. Can you do that?" I asked him in the same tone I would ask a fifth grader. 

"I could do that. But I'll be bored." Hyunjin rolled his eyes. 

"Oh, Boohoo. Find something else to do." I scoffed. 

"Fine, but only because you asked nicely." A smirk teased his lips and I made a displeased face. "I didn't." I retorted. "Yeah, you're just too cute to be intimidating." Hyunjin cooed.

"There you go again." I pursed my lips. "Friends call each other cute." Hyunjin argued

"Don't piss me off." I deadpanned.