D&W 11: Why do you give a F***k?

+++

JEON JUNGKOOK

Taehyung and I started to take things more seriously now, both our project and our 'friendship'. Between our busy schedules we found time to sit down and talk about our creative passions, then we went out just to shoot together. I had begun to feel more and more unnerved with every moment we spent together. Even writing about it in my journal didn't help me navigate those butterflies. Whenever I even so much as walked past him, my heart would jump into my throat and my skin would tingle. To make matters worse, I was getting to know him better and he was a good conversationalist and a decent person. We were able to talk about any and everything, even in the midst of working and it was comfortable. That scared me. I wanted to be rude, to push him away, let him know that he hadn't escaped my criticism, but I just couldn't, because he had. He was just so nice to me, and so damned charming.

Those late nights we'd work together, I'd begun to feel an unrelenting warmth, an unquenchable need for his touch, like something was pulling me toward him. During my teenage years, I'd been a later bloomer, but the hormones hit me like lightning from the sky whenever Taehyung was around. My petals were wide open for him.

And don't get me wrong, the fact that I was attracted to Taehyung wasn't quite what bothered me. I'd gotten to know him better and could reluctantly admit that he wasn't who I thought he was. What bothered me was the my fear of him finding out, and the fear of what I might let him do if one day he decided to disregard everything I said to him and seduce me. He got damn close in the bathroom at Hobi's place. His lips were inches from mine. I wanted so badly to close the gap, but alas, I was afraid to let myself fall. It was a good thing we'd been interrupted by Jimin, who looked less than surprised to see the scene in front of him.

I was just like everyone else, weak, falling prey to him. If he found out, he would know that he was irresistible and I wasn't as hard to get as I had pretended to be. Truthfully though, I couldn't resist his charm, his smile, his cologne, and even his blue ass hair. My camera loved his hair.

There was no denying how hot Taehyung was, nor was there any denying that he did something strange to my body. That fact was clear. I came to the realization that even in my virginity, I, who was averse to physical contact, yet craved it, wanted him in every sense of the word. And I fucking hated that.

I dreamt about him with shame, waking up in a sweaty, sticky mess, daydreamed about him, got lost in his confident gaze and shivered at just a simple touch, a hand on my shoulder, a grazing of our hands. It was ridiculous. To hide the fact that he was breaking my walls down, I'd become meaner than usual. I spoke shortly with him, spitefully, and didn't laugh at his sarcastic quips, no matter how much I wanted to. That was so out of our new ordinary that he'd begun to noticed that my bitchy attitude was no longer natural, it was forced and he could tell.

There were only five days left in out agreement and as far as I knew, Taehyung had remained partiless and sexless, handling it with style and grace. In five days, of he remained so, I would have to let him kiss me. I dreaded that moment because I knew I wouldn't be able to hide my arousal when our lips touched. I'd thought about it daily, vexing me to the point that I'd wished I could go back in time and never agree to the bet in the first place. I was so confident that he wouldn't be able to control himself that I let him make that silly proposal. As soon as we kissed, he would know how I felt. That was something I couldn't hide and I let out an exasperated sigh just thinking about it. We'd been sitting in tense silence until that very moment, and Taehyung looked up.

"You okay, Guk?" Taehyung asked me, twirling a pen between his pretty fingers. I rolled my eyes at him, unwarranted. "I told you to stop calling me that." I grumbled. He refrained from the pet names, but even the shortening of my name gave me butterflies. Taehyung scoffed "You were fine with it up until a week ago. What's wrong with you?" He questioned me, genuinely, though it sounded like an accusation.