D&W 10: No More Questions

This is rather short, but I hope you like it. 💜💜 Elevator by NCT 127

+++

JEON JUNGKOOK

As Taehyung and I took the stairs up to Hoseok's apartment, I couldn't help but watch his toned legs. They carried him up each step with grace, and I mentally scolded myself for training my eyes down the length of them. When Hoseok opened the door, everyone sat on the floor in the living room, surrounded by pillows and blankets. Various bottles of soju, beer, and a bright red liquid inside of a punch bowl sat on the coffee table. Hobi smiled his notoriously bright smile when he saw us in the doorway and yanked us both in by our shirts. I could already tell he had drank something.

"Welcome to the party! Oh, sorry, not a party." He corrected himself. It seemed Taehyung had told him about our bet. I rolled my eyes harmlessly at the guy and followed him into the living room. Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi and Jimin all sat there, sharing casual conversations and drinking. When I came into view, Yoongi's eyes widened.

"Jungkook-ah. Funny meeting you here." He didn't sound happy to see me, but I would tell he was. The alcohol had probably mellowed him out. "I thought I was going to have to seventh wheel." He said, scoffing. He was much more laid back and relaxed than usual and it was probably that nuclear looking drink on the coffee table. He probably needed it to hang out with these idiots.

"Why did you two walk in together?" Namjoon asked me with a pointed look. I cleared my throat. But Hoseok cut me off before I could find some excuse to give my cousin.

"Hey! Seventh wheel? My girlfriend isn't even here." He grumbled. Yoongi rolled his eyes. "I meant what I said. You only invited us over here so you could make us try your toxic waste potion. We got Namjin, The soulmate twins over there, and you and your weird red concoction." Yoongi listed all of the couples in the room. Hobi didn't seem to like that, but he didn't argue. Namjoon still eyed us confused.

"Were you guys on a date?" Joon questioned us both, just when I thought I was off the hook. Taehyung laughed out loud next to me, but I spoke before he could say anything stupid. "No! It wasn't a date. We were just working on our project and got hungry. Cool it."

"Bullshit. There's something going on between you two." Hoseok snickered. My eyes widened and I pushed Taehyung out of my personal space. "There's nothing!" I argued. Taehyung didn't say a word, so I glared at him.

"Yeah, nothing but you spending every afternoon together since last week." Jimin cut in with a snort. I balked and he gave me a tipsy smirk. Taehyung even chuckled. He was having way too much fun with these allegations. There was nothing going on between us. I knew it and he knew it, so why was my stomach fluttering?

I was about to open my mouth to complain, but Hoseok pulled me down to the floor, causing me to flop down on a cushion. "Stop whining and drink, Jungkook. You're so uptight."

"I've been trying to tell him." Taehyung said. I gave him the middle finger with a grimace. "Don't test me, honey." He said, softly. His tone raised the hair on the back of my neck. I rubbed the shiver away and felt a hard glare on me. It was Yoongi.

He was frowning. "I told you not to bark up that tree." He scolded me. "I'm not!" I whispered back. "That's not what it looks like." He retorted. I made eye contact with Taehyung from across the coffee table and he just gave me a soft teasing grin. He'd taken his seat on the other side of Jimin, next to Hoseok who was next to Yoongi. At least there was some space between us.

Hoseok handed me a cup of the strange liquid over the table. "What the fuck is this?" I asked, bemused.

"My special potion. Drink It. I'm a bartender, you can trust me." He urged. When I lifted the cup to my lips and took a sip, a fruity taste enveloped my tongue, followed by the strong taste of alcohol came seconds later. I liked it. Soon, warmth began to flood my body and I felt a buzz coming on.