D&W 8: Let's Make a Deal

This isn't anything new, I'm just editing.

+++

JEON JUNGKOOK

I woke up in the greatest mood Monday morning, having gotten the right amount of sleep and a paycheck from my last month's streaming revenue. My mood was so content, it felt too good to be true and I proved myself right when I got to photo class.

I stared, thoughtlessly at the board in front of me as the photo professor went on and on about something completely irrelevant. He had started off beginning to assign partners for our first major photo project, but someone made the mistake of asking him about his pineapple tattoo and he went on a convoluted tangent about it. I learned quickly that our professor was easily distracted and it was a wonder how he had enough focus to take the beautiful photos he did.

In high school, it would be considered a good thing if the teacher got distracted during a lesson, but here, I was paying him to teach me photography, not about his tattoo, as much as I liked tattoos.

The professor chuckled softly, indicating that he was done with his tangent and I fought the urge to roll my eyes at him.

"Anyway class, today marks the first day of this month's project. I have already assigned partners randomly, so no need to eye your friend across the room. The theme for this project is nature. You must incorporate nature into your project, using any destination and subject you see fit. For the second half of the project, you will write a synopsis of your photos and the importance of the subject. Both parts are due in exactly three weeks and draft photos are due next Friday. I suggest you and your partner start planning as soon as possible because next Friday is very close. 

"Quality work requires quality time and I will not accept anything but quality work. When I'm done reading off partners, you have the rest of the time to plan. . . or you can leave. It's your grade, not mine." The professor proceeded to read off names going down the alphabet and when he got closer and closer to J, my heart pumped faster and faster. Not only was I anxious to know who my partner was, but I also found it unnerving when my name was called in class.

"Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung."

No! I mentally groaned. I would rather partner with a complete stranger than that self serving asshole. The professor paid no mind to my grimace and continued reading off names.

Some of the students around me muttered in jealousy as I stared at the wall, thinking of all the possible ways I could get out of being partners with Taehyung. None could come to mind before the view of Taehyung's blue raspberry hair came into view. He was crouched in front of my desk with his arms folded across it and a small smile lined his lips.

"Hey partner, when do you want to start?" The professor had finished speaking and was sitting at his desk minding his business as if he hadn't just assigned Taehyung a death wish.

I sucked in a sharp breath and cocked my head to the side to release some of my irritation before speaking. There was no way I was going to fall behind in class because of my pride. I knew better and my 4.3 GPA knew better.

"Now, I guess." I mumbled. "Cool. I have some ideas, but I can't reach my creative potential on an empty stomach. Let me buy you lunch and we can brainstorm." Taehyung said, smoothly. I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips. His eyebrows raised and he bit his lip in anticipation of my answer when I glared. It was a habit of his that I was ashamed to have noticed since I had first seen him do it four years ago.

"You're not buying me another damned thing. I'll pay for my own." I grunted. Taehyung just smiled fondly. It was a different side of him I'd yet to see. "It's cute that you don't like to be taken care of."