D&W 13: Let's Not Talk

ENJOY!
+++

JEON JUNGKOOK

The next day, I scrolled through image after image of botanical scenery and blue hair for the last time. Taehyung looked gorgeous even without the editing and I fucking hated it. I hated that in two hours, Taehyung was going to knock on my dorm room door and demand ownership of my first romantic kiss. I hated that I was anxious for it, that I anticipated it. I hated that I was beginning to realize that Taehyung was no longer the bane of my existence. I had fallen prey to his charm just like everyone else. I had fallen prey to the way he joked and smiled at me, the way he valued his talents and always kept his eye on the details.

The Taehyung I used to know was impulsive, careless, and selfish. I didn't know him anymore. He thinks about everything before he says it and before he does it. He was meticulous, intelligent in the most unusual ways, and creative to the tenth degree. Even just looking him in the eyes when he spoke, I could see that there was so much more to him than I had initially thought and it was confusing me.

I supposed it was great that Taehyung wasn't a bad person, but I didn't like that I'd misjudged him and I also didn't like that even with this newfound information, I still couldn't explore our relationship. It wasn't a great feeling. I felt shame and I should have found a way to make it up to him, but I pushed him away instead because I didn't want to hurt myself. The best way I could do that was to make him not want to be around me. Though that seemed to work with everyone else, Taehyung was practically immune to my wrath.

If anything, I was just as bad as Joyoung, throwing a fit when Taehyung didn't behave the way I wanted him to. Taehyung and I had different standards, different wants, and needs. I was not the type of person to just sleep with anyone, let alone talk for long enough to even develop a relationship.

My virginity could speak for itself. Although I wasn't completely against dating, no one had ever been able to charm or fascinate me enough to let them in, let alone trust them enough to see me in such a vulnerable state. The thought was terrifying.

"What are you up to, Jungkook? You look like you just saw a ghost." Wooyoung spoke up. He had been sitting across the room from me in his bed. I flicked my eyes up from my computer screen. "I'm fine." I said, dismissively. Wooyoung took that as my answer and shrugged.

"So, do you want to play Gang Beasts later? Your project is due at 6, right?" he asked me. I frowned. "Don't remind me... I'm down for Gang Beasts though. We should stream it." I didn't realize how much I missed my followers and playing games. I had just gotten used to not playing them, finding other things to pass the time.

A few minutes later, there was a ding from my computer and a notification popped up in the lower corner. It was an email from Taehyung. I reluctantly clicked on the notification and inside the email was a folder attached with Taehyung's photos. He made me look amazing, deepening the saturation so that the sun's light shined against my skin, golden and soft. I quickly saved the photos into my computer and then uploaded them to the university drop box.

The clock in the corner of my screen read 5:56 pm. It was now or never. If I didn't turn this in now, I just knew something would go wrong. I couldn't delay it any longer. I sighed a heavy sigh, finally attached our essay and the two folders of photos and clicked submit. Upon clicking the button, two dimensional confetti erupted on the screen letting me know the submission was successful. I chewed on my bottom lip as I pulled out my phone.

 I chewed on my bottom lip as I pulled out my phone