D&W 31: You Think I'm in Love?

I'm back. Thank you for your patience. I was meant to update sooner, but my birthday was yesterday and I've been celebrating with family and friends as well as working. Anyway, enjoy 💜💜

+++

JEON JUNGKOOK

"Hobi's back with the Sucker Punch!!!!" Hoseok came in from the kitchen, excitedly, holding a bowl of familiar bright red liquid. The drink consisted of maraschino cherries, grenadine, vodka, citric acid and soda water. He prided himself on the concoction after perfecting it during his free time at work. He called the suspicious red liquid 'sucker punch' and the name was fitting, considering last time I tried it, it got me smacked drunk in less than an hour. I would have to agree that the drink was good and he was a talented mixer.

I like to believe that the only reason he ever invited us all over was to serve us his concoctions before he pitched the idea to his boss. We were all currently sitting on the floor on pillows around his coffee table while he dipped all of our cups in the bowl one by one.

"You get some sucker punch, and you get some sucker punch, and you get some sucker punch..."

I could tell he was trying to lighten the otherwise stiff mood. The tension was at an all time high and the reason was because Yoongi and Jimin were being awkward as fuck, Hoseok and Jimin kept having little arguments here and there, and Taehyung and I couldn't keep our hands off of eachother which irritated Namjoon. The only one who was minding his business was Jin. Yoongi and Jimin went on a date last night and Yoongi tried to pretend like it wasn't a big deal, but whenever Joon or I brought it up, he didn't want to talk about it. Eventually, before we came over Hoseok's, Yoongi let a complaint slip, that he didn't feel butterflies anymore. In his words, he said "last night proved that a crush is simply a lack of information." He didn't say much after that and I was left to guess that Yoongi confirmed that Jimin was not emotionally available. They could stay friends, but he didn't want to be strung along anymore.

These days, when Yoongi and Jimin were around each other, there was an awkward sexual tension between them that we were all forced to experience, which meant, Taehyung pointed out, that Jimin wasn't sleeping with anyone else right now. With all the kissing they had been doing, I was surprised they hadn't just fucked already, then we wouldn't have to be stuck in the midst of their horny energy.

I had no business complaining about horny energy though because like I said, we were awful touchy. Tae's arm was wrapped around me and it earned an obviously disgruntled glance from both Yoongi and Joon. To add insult to injury, I had folded my legs and draped them over his thigh and my back was against his chest, comfortably. To spite Joon and Yoongi, Taehyung kept stealing long and tender kisses from me. I wanted to freely accept those kisses and cuddles, but knowing my Hyungs didn't like Tae made that hard for me. I think maybe they noticed how uncomfortable I was with their judgmental glances and stopped soon after, but I still felt the tension.

"Baby?" Taehyung beckoned, snatching me out of my thoughts. "Hmm?" I hummed, looking up at him. "What are you thinking about?" He asked me. "Just a bunch of idiots... Did you say something?" I asked him. Tae chuckled at my first answer, but didn't ask me to clarify. It was obvious who I was talking about. "I said, Hobi only invited us over to distract himself."

"From what?" I asked curiously, not quite convinced. I knew he had been acting weird and getting mad at Jimin randomly, which he didn't usually do. That was what Taehyung had been telling me but otherwise, he seemed fine, happy and even content.

"He broke up with Saejin this afternoon." Tae told me in a low voice. I raised an eyebrow. "Shit, I didn't know that. Haven't they been together for like two years? What happened?" Hobi and I had become closer after I started dating Tae, so I cared about him admittedly. Sometimes, he'd text me randomly about stupid shit or ask me about my hobbies. It was amusing.