D&W 12: Because I Can't Have Him

Double update (the original part was over 6000 words so I cut it in half ). Don't forget to read Part 1 first. Happy reading.

*Two days later*

JEON JUNGKOOK

I peered at myself in the mirror, adjusting distressed sleeves of my graphic tank top and positioning my wavy bangs over my forehead and gave myself a tight lipped smile. If I could just get through today, the project would be over, that stupid kiss would be over, and we could get on with our lives, without each other in it. I tucked my tank into my oversized denim pants, and I made pensive eye contact with myself to make sure my face piercings were in place just before my phone buzzed on the sink. I picked it up.

Taehyung: Hey, I'm outside. You ready?

The text read. My heart thumped in my chest and I hadn't felt this nervous in a while. I'd been with Taehyung numerous times, but this time, I felt strangely anxious.

Me: I'm coming

I texted back and went to my room to gather my camera and gear. Opening the dorm building doors, the bright cloudless sky was beautiful and blue. I felt a little less unnerved when Taehyung stood at the bottom of the stairs, dressed in a flowy white short sleeve button down, which contoured his small waist and broad shoulders. His blue hair was the most stunning thing about him and it was always vibrant and never seemed to fade.

"Morning, Sugar Lips." He smiled. I gave him a curt wave with pursed lips. Whenever he called me sugar lips, even if he was joking, I knew he was referring to my payment. "Hey." My mind was screaming for me to curse at him for the nickname, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Taehyung hopped on his board and rode slowly enough for me to walk beside him. It was scary he trusted himself enough to carry his camera stuff on a skateboard.

"You excited?" He asked me, probably to make small talk. "Do I look excited?" I droned. He snorted. "Is something wrong?"

"Nope." I answered, curtly. I felt Taehyung watching me for a few long seconds before looking away and speeding up on his board. "Hey! Slow down. I don't even know where you parked!" I grumbled. "Well, then you better keep up." He taunted me, pushing off again. I adjusted my backpack and sped up my walking. Soon enough, I felt myself chuckling at him as he made teasing faces at me, trying to get away. I hated the way he could brighten my mood, even though the looming expectation for it all to end soon clung to me. Did I really want him out of my life when this project was over? It didn't matter what I wanted because what I wanted, he was not willing or able to give me, and I didn't trust him to, either. We couldn't be friends.

When we finally made it to Taehyung's car, we hopped in and he handed me his phone. He had done this many times before, claiming he had nothing to hide. It'd never go through his phone anyway. I'd be too scared. "Play me something good." He said, starting the ignition with just a button.

I scrolled through his music library and hit play on Daniel Caesar. I was feeling a little R&B today. "Nice." Taehyung offered, I nodded and hummed to the song playing. As we drove, the roof of the vehicle had begun to open and the bright sun flooded its way into the car, along with the nice breeze of early september. I was almost certain this would be the last nice day of the season. Fall was coming soon, and the cold would follow. It was a wonder the flowers were still blooming. I closed my eyes and felt the warm sun in my face, followed by the soothing breeze. The wind was tousling my hair, but my style was a bit messy anyway, so I didn't mind.

We walked to our destination in the garden and set our stuff down. "Do you want to go first?" He asked me, pulling out his vintage camera, I got Deja Vu from the first time we were here. Despite it being old, Tae's camera took amazing pictures, either that or it was the man taking the pictures that made them amazing.