D&W 15: We're Not Doing Anything

💜😉 🙄

+++

KIM TAEHYUNG

"Hey Cupcake." I greeted Jungkook softly, sitting down next to him in the front row. He'd been fiddling with his camera settings concentratedly before my sudden appearance caused him to flinch. He outed when he saw who'd interrupted his focus and it amused me how he could be such a hard-ass one second and so adorable the next.

"Hey." He greeted me back, listlessly, the pout still on his lips. "You don't look happy to see me." I teased him, wondering if he would treat me differently now that we were a thing. Jungkook peered up at me and rolled his eyes. "When have I ever been happy to see you?" He questioned me, the pout was replaced by a faint snarky smirk. He was flirting with me.

"Ouch, baby. You know I love it when you're mean to me. You'd better stop before I kiss you." I leaned in to say, so that no one could hear me but him. Normally, I would have just flirted outwardly, but Jungkook wanted me to keep our relationship under wraps for now. It would piss him off if people started asking him questions and shit.

Someone was always listening and that was how rumors got started, if it hadn't been obvious already. Everyone around us seemed to know what what going on between Jungkook and me while he and I both remind avoidant and oblivious. That small notion concerned me because I didn't want anyone assuming Jungkook was sleeping with me. It would ruin his reputation immediately and the last thing he needed was for people to think he too was a whore.

"Shut up, asshole." Jungkook snickered. I just chuckled and sat back in my seat, resting my arm on the back of his chair as the instructor began class. We were starting a new solo project and I was looking forward to it. I would miss working with Jungkook, but at least now, I had a reason to see him outside of the class.

Dating was a foreign concept to me. I'd never had a boyfriend before, never had to be responsible for someone else's feelings as a result of my own actions, never had to prove my good qualities. I never had to court someone before they agreed to have sex with me. Nevertheless, Jungkook was more valuable than any other person I slept with. He was worth the shot because I couldn't get him out of my mind and I didn't want him in anyone else's arms.

Upon remembering Jungkook's conditions, there was a pang in my chest. I would miss sex for a while because it was like breathing to me. I needed it. To know that I would have to stop indefinitely was a bit unnerving. Of course, my parents would be happy to know that I wasn't sleeping around anymore, if I could keep it up. Deep in my head, I knew Jungkook was worth the sexual frustration. I needed a kick in the ass anyway because if I hadn't shaped up soon, I wouldn't be able to graduate. If this thing with him didn't work out, at least I wouldn't have to prolong my degree.

Commitment was a completely new territory. I had no idea that when I laid eyes on Jungkook in that diner that I would want him bad enough to settle down. I was so used to blocking emotions out of every sexual encounter I'd ever had, but Jungkook dissolved that barrier with just one kiss. Perhaps it was his innocence that I wanted to chase and not him. It frightened me that I might one day get bored with him because he wouldn't give me what I really wanted. Or if by some miracle, he wants to give me his virginity and I don't take it seriously. I know myself, but at the same time, I know I don't want to hurt him. This was exactly why I didn't sleep with virgins.

"Hyung." Jungkook whispered. I snapped out of my thoughts. "Hmm?"

"Did you hear anything he just said?" He questioned me, annoyed. I shook my head. Jungkook scoffed, flicked my ear and handed me the assignment rubric. I flinched, but grinned. He hated when I didn't pay attention, but gained some sort of righteous achievement when he had to explain it to me again. I looked over the paper at everything I missed while I was lost in contemplation.