D&W 17: Look Me In The Eyes

I'm back. I hope you like it. This one's a little boring, but I had to move the plot along somehow. ^^^ Kissy Kissy by Isaac Dunbar

+++

Each frame was placed so meticulously on the walls or hung by a metal cord from the ceiling. Some were even propped up in their own space, one photo on each side, different but also the same. Each work of art spoke its own language, but somehow I understood every word. There was no need for speech. Even the voices in the room never rose above a whisper, like the walls absorbed all sounds. It was peaceful and introspective. My kind of public event.

I dragged my date through each of the themed rooms after having been coerced into holding his hand. Our fingers interlocked like we were a real couple and I couldn't help but ignore the voice in my head. It scolded me for wishfully thinking and letting myself go on this date, knowing damned well Taehyung wasn't serious about me. I had no experience with sex or even third base, but I knew I was a masochist when I said 'yes'.

We traveled into another room where the lights drew out all of the warm colors of the artwork, leaving each photograph in shades of gray, along with our skin, clothes and hair. There was not a single color in the room, only ash, leaving me to wonder what colors the photograph captured. It would remain a mystery. I peered up at Taehyung as he mentioned something about the photographer. I couldn't hear anything he was saying because I was distracted by the oddity of his hair. Despite the gray scale lights, I could still see the color vividly. I supposed it was the memory of his electric blue locks that refused to leave.

"Are you listening to me?" Taehyung asked me, mockingly. I often said that to him because he often claimed to get distracted by my sexy math talk. I thought he was stupid for saying that, but I understood him in that moment. A blush filled my cheeks when I realized I may as well have been drooling. The gray in the room surely hid the pink in my cheeks and I was grateful for that. It only boosted Taehyung's ego when he made me blush.

I shook my head in response, smiling softly and looking away from him. It was his turn to pull me along to the next themed room. We had yet to see his photos and I was anticipating when we would. The lights in the room emitted a warm hue of yellow, as if the dusk sun was shining down on the room and the room alone. On the walls were images of whom I recognized immediately. We made it to Taehyung's gallery exhibit.

 We made it to Taehyung's gallery exhibit