✦𝐆𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: rribbons

Harsh rain drops against the dirt were the only thing breaking the silence between you and the Mist Hashira's training session. The sound of your swords clashing occasionally broke the concentration on fighting in your mind. Leaving you to notice his pale and thin structure which could somehow knock someone unconscious. Can't trust a book by the cover when it comes to Muichiro, huh. You giggled to yourself.

As thunder began to yell, and clouds began to darken, the unhinged look on his face stayed the same as always. On the other hand, the sudden sounds of the ongoing weather began to startle you enough to the point of you losing your focus on training. THUD. And with another slash from Tokito, you landed on the ground. A burning sensation sprouted from the newly fresh scratch on your thigh that you got yourself after landing on the floor forest floor with all sorts of sharps.

Your face felt a flush of heat spread throughout it as you noticed the familiar turquoise eyes leaning down closer to you. Wish they'd reveal any clue towards what he was feeling at the moment, You thought to yourself. "Sorry, I was startled. We can continue." You anxiously said to him with your head hanging low just to receive a comforting silence in response. You started to push yourself off the damp ground before suddenly feeling the firm grip of a cold hand. "You'll slip again just trying to get up yourself, dumbass." You felt a weight come off your chest as the Hashira's soothing voice flew through your ears. Though, your heart still pattered like a little girl from how close he was to your body as he lifted you up as cautiously as he could.

As you two arose from the ground, Muichiro suddenly turned his face towards the woods behind him. His unexpected turn alarmed you as you tried peaking behind him, searching for whatever he was looking towards. A rustle came from afar, and with that, Muichiro's hand lowered from your arm to your waist, gripping you slightly closer to him. Despite him being more comfortable with you due to the close age you guys shared, this was still unexpected coming from the distant young boy you spent so much time with slaying demons. A subtle blush covered your cheeks at the feeling of his hands at your waist.

The footsteps of a creature paced through the surrounding forest, puzzling both your minds. SPLAT. Blood dripped down rapidly from the scratch on your thigh in result of a thick spike being thrown directly towards it. A demon during this thunderstorm? Thoughts flew through your mind as the burning sensation increased in your leg, bringing your eyes to water. Muichiro glanced at you with a new aura surrounding him than before, protectiveness. With a blink of an eye, all you could see was a gust of thick wind before the Hashira had lifted you up onto his back. "I'll take care of it, rest your leg, Y/N." His intimidating but soft voice sent tingles down your legs. You laid your head down on his back in hopes that he wouldn't mind your tiredness or the intimate touch.

Your view consisted of just mist and fog all around, having only the sounds of blade meeting demon skin to give you a hint on what was happening with Tokito. "Gosh, how do you fight and see demons in these conditions," you mumbled about the Mist Hashira. "It's my specialty, you know that," whispered Tokito, just loud enough for only you to hear. You hummed back in agreement as he continued stabbing his sword towards the demon, cautiously enough to not drop you, but violently enough to cause harm to his opponent. Being on the back of such a fine, skilled and attractive guy did make you want to fangirl-ingly kick your feet. Though, you instead closed your eyes in an attempt to take your mind off the fact that you were literally and physically wrapped around him like a backpack.

Seconds turned to minutes as the Mist Hashira continued fighting by himself during the harsh weather just for your safety. Your mind was drifting to another place the more your eyes closed, a quieter place than the thunderstorm you were stuck in at the moment. Despite cold winds blowing over you from the rain pour, you still managed to fall asleep to the feeling of the only guy you found peace within in this deformed reality. Muichiro smiled to himself the slightest bit, once he noticed your breathing pattern had changed to one of a person in slumber. He was unexperienced in the subject of love, but one thing he did know, he just wanted to keep you safe enough to never lose you.

Your eyes lifted themselves up after feeling like they were under boulders. You felt soft silk on your skin and warmth surrounding you. Wait, what? Your eyes fluttered open in confusion as you noticed a set of warm pajamas on your once wet and cold body from earlier. In confusion, you looked to your side to witness Tokito in his oversized clothes lying beside you, staring down directly at you.

"Someone decided to take a nap on my back during a fight, what a pain in the ass, huh?" His words might have sounded harsh, but his eyes showing nothing but gentleness and sympathy towards you. You let out a small giggle before pointing out the fact he had changed you into warmer clothes of his own. "I just didn't want you to get everything wet and dirty inside, whatever." He faced the floor beside the bed to hide his face adorned in pink from you. The corners of your lips rose, forming a smile. It's now or never, Y/N. You told yourself before anxiously wrapped your arms around him, laying your head down on his chest. Your heart pace relaxed as you felt Muichiro's hands wrap around your waist, pulling you closer onto him.