✦𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: slayfics

As everything started to fade, you realized you weren't scared. You had lived a long enough life with the people around you, and you were more than ready to be reunited with your friends that had passed before you.

You'd miss your friends that you were leaving behind dearly, but you knew you'd be reunited with them at some point. Now it was time to move on from this life.

Everything was dark, but only for a while. A light started to grow but a veil of mist made it hard to decipher where you were.

Slowly, a silhouette started to appear. At first, it was unrecognizable, until you made out the flowing hair of an unmistakable person from your past.

Muichiro looked as beautiful as ever as he made his way through the mist to greet you.

As happy as you were to see him again, you couldn't help the anger that began to boil in your stomach. Muichiro had been taken from you so many years ago. It was unfair you didn't get to live this life alongside him. Why did he have to leave you?

The anger boiled up until it spilled over. You found yourself yelling at the Hashira.

"How could you have left me?! I lived all those years without you! It was torturous existing without you!" you cried and shoved Muichiro with both hands. The Hashira's expression did not change. He looked at you with the same loving expression as when he had first appeared, standing calmly and accepting your assaults.

"I visited your grave every day, but it wasn't the same. I needed you with me, and you left me!" you cried, collapsing onto the endless floor.

Muichiro sat beside you and pulled you into a hug.

"You visited me every day to share a meal with me, and I enjoyed every bite. You could not see me, but I was there. You were never alone," he said as you softened in his embrace. "I know my early departure hurt you. I can not make up for that, but if you would have me, I waited for you to walk into the next life together." It was then you felt his tears hit the top of your head. Muichiro was crying too.

Shame washed over you at your harsh greeting to the Hashira. You didn't mean to be so rough.

"I'm so sorry Muichiro... I just missed you beyond what I can express. There isn't anyone else I'd want to walk into the next life with," you said, nuzzling your head into his embrace.

Muichiro placed his hand under your chin and pushed your head up into a kiss.

"First, there are some people I would like you to meet," Muichiro responded. You looked off into the mist and saw three outlines approaching, one of which looked identical to Muichiro.