✦𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: blessingstarss

You were a quiet person, not much of talker.           You would rather stay back in the sidelines, watching everything from afar…

No hashira asked questions to why you are this way, they all had basically accepted it. I mean it’s not like they haven’t seen it before… Giyuu and Muichiro were just like you..

“Muichiro?...”

“Muichiro!”

Your eyes widened as you had saw him enter the room... You were so stuck in your thoughts that you didn’t even hear him walk in. Your eyes immediately brightened up at the sight of his familiar figure. You walked up to him still with your usual blank expression, but filled with… life?

“Hi Muichiro, do you wanna train with me?”

“Sure..” he said as his expression softened up slightly aswell.

Rengoku and tengen watched from afar as you and Muichiro talked to one another…

“You see (name)’s eyes?” Tengen asked with a smirk forming on his lips.

“I see!” Rengoku said with his usual beaming voice

“The only time they actually show some sort of emotion is with Muichiro.. they must have a flashy crush!” Tengen accused as he struck a cringey pose.

“Indeed so! You see Muichiros eyes too? They definitely are close for sure!” Rengoku said while smiling back at the pair.

Tengen laughed as he looked back at the both of you aswell… “I hope they have a flamboyant relationship!”

“Let’s not make big assumptions!” Rengoku scolded slightly with a playful smile, Causing the both of them to laugh.

“They are so loud..” muichiro mumbled

“Mhm” you nodded along with Muichiro as you both watched tengen and rengoku talk and laugh with one another. You felt your cheeks dust with a slight pink as you overheard some of their conversation.                                                              

You didn’t understand why you liked Muichiro so much? You had only known him for a few months. After you had become a hashira. You and Muichiro had gotten a bunch of mission together, starting the spiraling friendship you both still have today...

Overtime your heart started to beat in irregular patterns when he came around, you started to feel.. shy, nervous? You constantly pushed away your feelings as it would make you feel overwhelmed and confused.

On one of the many conversations you had with miss kanroji, she talked about her crush on iguro. She described the feelings she would feel whenever he was around. You slowly came to the realization that you were feeling the same exact things she was describing, but for Muichiro!?     You stared at her with your usual voided eyes as you started to mentally panic at your recent discovery.

You and Muichiro would often be found with one another. Only ever being apart when one or the other had a mission. You both still had a job to do at the end of the day…

Overtime, Muichiro had started to develop the same symptoms you had started feeling. He was way more bold about it though. He started to hold your hand out of nowhere, sometimes even hug you!? it was just a random instinct he would get and he would just end up acting on it with no further questions.

Though, it was quite nice holding muichiros hand and hugging him occasionally. It made your heart flutter and cause you to uncontrollably smile, which was very uncharacteristic for someone like you…

Whenever Muichiro was away though… your eyes would go back to being voided and empty again. Your cold expression intimidating the people around you…

The hashiras had swiftly started to see the recurring pattern and gossip among themselves about you and muichiros relationship. Just like the one you overheard. They all found it cute how you and Muichiro acted soft only with eachother. You both truly were the definition of “young love”

You and Muichiro sat against a tree with one another. Watching the leaves slowly descend to the ground. Muichiro held your hand as he leaned his head against your shoulder. He felt himself being put to sleep from the peaceful atmosphere.

It seemed wherever you were… peace would follow you. Being with you was the only time Muichiro truly felt at tranquility. Genuinely able to actually relax and not worry about anything else. 

For you on the other hand. Muichiro was like the light in your darkness. Guiding you through your problems and helping you escape to a peaceful place in your mind…

You were constantly under huge amounts of stress. Being a demon slayer so young, and a hashira too… so many people depended on you. But you were still only a 14 year old! You ofton find yourself getting overwhelmed by all the pressure and breaking down.

It was the reason why you were so cold nowadays… you constantly hid under a facade to hide all your weakness. You felt If the hashiras finally see you crack. They would think your pathetic and weak, not worthy of the hashira title.

But Muichiro had changed your point of view..            he was understanding and surprisingly patient with you. He let you vent and be vulnerable. He genuinely cared about your wellbeing and checked up on you. Even though he forgets almost everything… he always somehow remembers to make sure your feeling okay…

“Hey Muichiro..”

“Hm?”

“Do you think there will ever be a world without demons?..”

“I don’t know..” he paused for a moment..

“But as long as I’m in a world with you… I’m happy..” he said as he squeezed your hand tightly, smiling to himself.

You looked down at him with a shocked expression… your eyes wide and full of a new found life in them. You couldn’t stop the smile forming on your lips as you leaned your head to lay on top of muichiros…                                             You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, savoring every second of this moment, basking in the peaceful yet comforting silence…

“I love you (name)..”