✦𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: theyslaydemons

You read the letter from Shinobu over three times just to make sure you got the instructions right before walking back to Muichiro’s room. Muichiro was laying down in his bed with his eyes closed. You were afraid to wake him but sensing your presence he opened his eyes slightly and looked over at you. 

“Miss Kocho has written back. She said that if your fever doesn’t break by tomorrow morning we should go to the Butterfly Mansion to have you looked after. She also gave me a few instructions to help until then.” 

“What was her advice?” He asked. 

“Oh right! I’ll be right back!” You said and hurried off. Shinobu had said to make sure Muichiro drank a lot of water and to place a damp washcloth on his forehead.

You quickly grabbed a washcloth and ran it under some water then rung it out to make sure it wasn’t too wet. Then you filled a glass of water and came back to his room. Muichiro had closed his eyes again. Seeing him this way was painful. If he hadn’t made it a big deal to stay out training you while the weather was bad he wouldn’t be this sick. Hearing you approaching he opened his eyes slightly again.  

“She said to put this on your forehead and to make sure you drank a lot of water.”  

“Very well.” Muichiro said grabbing the damp washcloth and placing it on his forehead but over his hair. You weren’t an expert at tending to any sicknesses, but you were pretty sure the washcloth was supposed to go directly on his forehead, not on top of his hair.  

“Umm... mind if I help you?” 

“Go ahead.” He said. You carefully picked up the washcloth then moved his hair off of his forehead then placed the washcloth back on. 

“Oh, that does feel better.” He said.  

“Make sure you drink all of this too when you can.” You said placing the water next to his bed. 

“Ok.” He said then closed his eyes again. You started to walk out of the room when you heard him rustle in bed. You turned around to see him staring at you. “Do you need something else?” You asked. 

“Where are you going?” 

“Back to my room, you need to rest.” 

“Yes, but you can stay.” He said. 

“Oh... Ok.” You said walking back into the room. Muichiro closed his eyes again and you weren't sure what to make of the situation. Did he just not want to be alone? You weren't sure what to do so you stood by the bed for a bit. 

“You don’t have to just stand there.” He said after a few moments passed. You looked around the room unsure of what he wanted you to do.

Muichiro’s room was painfully simple. Just a bed and a big window that looked over the always foggy mountain. Did he mean for you to sit on the bed then?

You awkwardly sat on the other end of the bed while Muichiro sat up and drank some water.  You watched him to see his reaction to you sitting on the bed, as you were still unsure if this is what he wanted you to do.

“It’s late you should rest too.” He said as he laid back down. 

“You... want me to rest here?” You asked him to clarify. Muichiro did not speak but nodded his head slightly and watched you carefully with big eyes. You had never seen him look so vulnerable before. Seeing him with the damp washcloth on his head and pale completion made you want to care for him as best as you could, and if that meant keeping him company while he didn’t feel well you didn’t mind. You slowly laid down next to him. Muichiro closed his eyes and seemed to be more at ease.  

“Goodnight” He finally said with his eyes still closed. 

“Goodnight Tokito.” You responded, as you watched his breathing slow and deepen as he fell asleep.