✦𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: slayfics

You and Muichiro were both snug in bed wrapped in an embrace, without a word spoken yet as you both slowly welcomed the morning. A crow landed on the window seal, disrupting the peaceful morning as it signaled Muichiro’s departure soon. You nuzzled tighter into his neck and squeezed your arms around him tighter.

“Don’t go,” you mumbled sleepily, kissing his neck gently.

“I won’t be gone long,” he promised.

“I know- but I sleep better with you here.”

Muichiro didn’t respond right away but soaked up the few more moments he could of being warm in your embrace.

“And when I’m not here?” He finally asked shifting to look at you.

You decided whether to answer honestly or not. You knew Muichiro had important things to attend to as a Hashira so you didn’t want to make him worry about you. You’d be fine, but the truth was…

“I still have nightmares… but I never have nightmares when you’re next to me.” You said squeezing him once more. Muichiro kissed the top of your head before finally disrupting your embrace by getting up.

“One moment,” was all he said as he made his way to his closest and began to rustle around. You sat up curiously watching the Hashira.

Muichiro emerged from the closet with one of his uniforms in hand.

Oh- 

He’s just going to start getting ready, you realized. Of course, he’s probably running a bit late because of you.

To your surprise, Muichiro did not begin to dress in his uniform but made his way back over to you. He unbuttoned the shirt off his uniform, then wrapped it around you snuggly.

“This will keep you safe while I’m gone,” he said, as a soft smile spread across his lips.

You found yourself speechless for a few moments as Muichiro also laid the bottom of the uniform on the bed for you to take.

“Keep it as long as you need,” he said, planting a kiss on your forehead and then began to get ready.

You slid your arms through the sleeves, lifted your arms up, and watched as the baggy sleeves cascaded down your arms. A giggle escaped your lips.

“This is rather comfy, but it doesn’t get in your way?” You asked, now watching mesmerized at the Hashira changing into his own uniform.

“No, the extra fabric works to confuse demons and makes it harder to predict my moves,” he explained.

“Oh, well I think they are lovely pajamas.” You said playfully laying back in bed.

“Oh no I want to see the pants on too,” he said, grabbing your arm to pull you out of bed. You couldn’t help but laugh at the Hashira’s newfound playfulness.

“Ok, ok!” You gave in standing up to put the pants on.

Muichiro’s already baggy costume was extra baggy on you. 

“That’s adorable on you,” he smiled at the sight. “Now get some more rest, and I’ll see you soon.”

“Thank you, Tokito.” You said climbing back into bed finding it impossible to have any nightmares now.