✦𝐆𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐩✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: slayfics

You were out buying food and supplies for the mansion when you heard a whisper from across the way.

"Hey isn't that the other corps member from our final selection?"

You looked up to see a few demon slayers that you had completed final selection with huddled together whispering and buying supplies as well.

You tried to quickly finish up your transaction with the salesperson to go over and say hi when you overheard the rest of their conversation.

"Yeah, she's gotten super big headed ever since she became the Mist Hashira's Tsuguko and started hanging out with other Hashira's."

You felt your smile completely fall off of your face and felt as though you shrunk inside of yourself. Is that really what the other corps members thought of you? You decided to quickly gather the stuff you bought and head back to the mansion, avoiding them entirely.

Walking back you couldn't help but feel your shoulders slump and you looked down at the floor the whole way home. Being in the demon slayer corps made it hard to have typical friendships, relationships, and human experiences. You often felt saddened by this wanting to have some normal moments in your life outside of slaying demons.

When you saw the group standing across the way you felt excited to run up to them and hi, maybe even shop together but overhearing the gossip felt like a nichirin sword pierced your heart, and the loneliness you already felt amplified.

You made it inside the mansion to see Muichiro already sitting down to eat.

"Hello." He greeted you.

You didn't say anything but set aside the supplies and sat down to join him. You served yourself some food as Muichiro eyed you curiously. It wasn't like you to be the quiet one. Usually that was his job. He noticed your affect was considerably different, slumped shoulders, no eye contact. Something was wrong.

"What is the matter?" He asked.

"Do you think I have a big head?" You asked not looking up but taking small bites of your food.

"No. You have an average size head." Muichiro said, tilting his head to the side in curiosity. You sighed heavily.

"Not like that... It's an expression. I ran into some other corps members I did final selection with and they said I got big headed ever since I became your Tsuguko and started to become friends with other Hashira's."

"I don't think their statements are important." Muichiro said and continued to eat.

"Ok.." You said but you still didn't feel any better. Muichiro noticed your composure stayed small and your usual vibrant energy did not return with his response. He placed down his food and reached over to gently lift your chin up forcing you to look at him.

"I think those demon slayer's are jealous of your progress. You've finished final selection at the same time but have far surpassed their  abilities, and they won't ever get stronger if they occupy themselves with trivial matters like gossip. Never hang your head down because of someone's else's opinions. You've trained so hard and you deserve to be proud." He said and brought his hand back down to his lap.

"Thank you Tokito." You said blinking away tears. You felt your shoulders lighten and a smile spread across your face again.

"Now tell me... you're friends with other Hashira's?? Who??" Muichiro asked curiously.

"Don't you go get jealous on me too." You said giggling. "I’m friends with Miss Kanroji of course... and I suppose Iguro since he's always with Kanroji when I see her. Although he'd never admit we're friends."

Muichiro just eyed you as he continued to eat.

"But of course there is no other Hashira I'd rather be spending time with then you." You said smiling. Muichiro looked down at his food but you could have sworn you saw the slightest smile flash on his face.