✦𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: unofficialmuilover

Being the Mist Pillar's Tsuguko, there are a lot of traits before you would be considered as one.

Pure determination to eradicate all demons, undeniable strength, Patience and most important of all, focus.

You have all the traits, except for one. It's a wonder how you became his tsuguko.

Today, you and Muichiro were supposed to have early training, but you are now running late due to a few distractions along the way.

"White or Black, mmm" You contemplated, holding the two hair bows in each of your hands. You were in a hurry on your way to The Mist Hashira's Estate but you got sidetracked when your eyes caught the small cart selling hair bow ties.

"Why don't you buy them both Miss? They both look good on you." The young lady said, you eyed the seller, checking out whether she was telling the truth or just wanted to sell them both.

It took you long enough to decide: white or black? White is cute, but it can easily get dirty. The black one is cute too, but you already have one. You contemplated for a while, and in the end, you decided to buy a dark blue hair bow tie instead.

You arrived in the Mist Hashira's Estate late, you were breathing heavily as you try to catch your breath. "I'm sorry I'm late" you said to the Hashira who was looking at you unamused.

"What's new? You're always late" he grumbles, standing up, grasping his katana before looking at you intently  "What is it this time?"

"I..uh..I.. was feeling sick and I woke up late" You lied, Muichiro will scold you again if he finds out you were late over something not important.

He got mad at you when one time he caught you playing around the flower field instead of training. "You're supposed to be training not playing, stop wasting time!"

He examined your features, looking for any signs of sickness. "You're not sick" he said plainly. "You bought a hair bow" he stated, mint-green eyes bore into your now wide eyes. "What? How could you possibly notice that?!" You exclaim, you were not expecting him to notice it.

"It's called paying attention Y/n! As a demon slayer and as my tsuguko, you should know that paying attention to your surroundings is vital part of being a slayer." Muichiro started to lecture you, again.

"You should be ready at all times. How would you be able to detect demons if you are not paying attention,Y/n! You shouldn't...." Muichiro's words muffled out as soon as you saw the blue butterfly fly around in his back. You were captivated by its beauty that you forgot about Muichiro's lecture.

Muichiro took notice of this, following your gaze, he spot the butterfly you were looking for. "REALLY Y/N?!" Muichiro exasperated, his loud voice boomed in the area, making you snap you back into reality.

Your eyes widen as you look at Muichiro, red face, veins almost popping, mint-green eyes glaring at you. He is mad --- mad.

"I'm..." Just right when you were about to apologize. Muichiro cut you off.

"Just right when I'm lecturing you about the importance of paying attention. You are not listening! You rather watch a butterfly than listen to what I say! This is not time to waste my time." He angrily spat, each words laced with venom.

"We are at war here Y/n! I don't need you playing around and wasting my time. It's either you grow up or quit the demon slayer corp." Muichiro's harsh words broke you. You lower your head to hide your tears threatening to fall. "I'm sorry Muichiro-san" you whisper, your lips quivering as you try to stop yourself from crying out there.